Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 20 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, and Korea, but we believe in you working wherever you work best.
About the Team
Product managers at Okcoin are the CEOs of their areas of focus. We develop growth-focused product strategies, manage cost/profitability and then deliver powerful strategies that guide customers through simple transaction workflows. We are building an integrated and beautiful crypto-finance experience for mobile and web. Product managers collaborate across business units and align user research, design, UX writers, brand and marketing, technical project management and engineering, testing, data, compliance and legal teams. We are a multi-cultural and decentralized team with a deep passion for bitcoin, crypto and Defi. We are objective oriented and everyone contributes to data analysis to drive business growth.
About the Opportunity
As the Fraud and Risk Product Manager, you will build OKCoin's fraud and risk systems and product roadmap to enable our legitimate customers to gain access to a wide array of crypto assets. The scope of this role includes integrations with fraud vendors, designing new fraud detection methods and tools, working with other product managers, monitoring the data from our platform and payment systems to build a robust fraud detection and prevention system. You'll be joining our growing compliance and risk team with dual reporting to our growing product management team, to help define the future of our company and fraud risk program. If you are an entrepreneurial product leader, who doesn't hesitate to propose bold ideas and roll up your sleeves to put them into action, this role will be a great fit for you.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Own product development of features and capabilities to manage fraud risk from inception to launch
- Work closely with product designers, data analysts, and engineering teams to define detailed product specification, review technical capabilities, prioritize projects, and create & steer fraud risk product roadmap
- Define and analyze metrics to guide product development
- Plan, organize, and deliver new fraud risk products and features to the market. Support other global product launches and ongoing product adoption
- Oversee the design, development and management of real-time systems and models to combat fraud and minimize OKCoin's exposure to payments and platform risk
- Understand financial and operational inefficiencies and optimize processes
- Drive strategic alignment and enroll other teams into your product vision and align roadmaps to ensure cohesive product functionality and value proposition
- Stay informed of the overall market landscape, fraud risk and compliance implications, and fraud industry best practices
- Monitor key product metrics and continuously improve them through ongoing product iteration
What We Look For In You:
- 5+ years of fraud and risk product management experience
- Experience designing and building fraud and risk systems, with implementing fraud risk best practices with a track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Entrepreneurial: Having worked in a fast paced environment, with competing resources and priorities, Opinionated and willing to make calls with limited information. Ability to navigate through ambiguity to advocate for resources
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; ability to translate strategy into clear and actionable plans for Product Development, Engineering, Design and Marketing
- Technical: Comfortable with delving into the product, the platform and the implementation details. Able to engage with engineering beyond just product and user experience needs; willing to roll up sleeves and design scalable and extensible solutions
- Metrics driven: Proficiency in identifying, defining, tracking and acting upon metrics. Experience identifying KPIs and working with engineering and analytics on instrumentation and monitoring
- Strong analytical, prioritization, and problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
- Experience leading cross functional teams to deliver complex projects with multiple dependencies and constraints in a highly dynamic environment
- Passion for crypto and blockchain innovations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline
Nice to Haves:
- Bilingual in Mandarin and English
OKCoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.