OJO is committed to fostering an environment where all employees and candidates can thrive, grow, and lead. We strongly encourage members of marginalized communities, including people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities, to apply with OJO. If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role, we encourage you to apply anyway. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome gets in the way of meeting incredible candidates and we don’t want anything to get in the way of meeting you. If you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in any portion of our interview process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OJO is an Austin-based real estate technology company guiding more people to successful homeownership. The company’s platform for buying, selling, and homeownership meets people wherever they are on their journey, offering personalized guidance every step of the way. Through a bespoke combination of people and technology, OJO cultivates a deep understanding of individual needs and preferences, matching people with the right tools and trusted providers to equip anyone to unlock the abundant benefits of home ownership.
The OJO residential search site, Movoto by OJO, provides personalized recommendations and highlights listings best suited to each consumers’ needs and preferences, so they never miss a home that might be the right fit. OJO Homeowner, the home management and finance tool, helps consumers uncover hidden savings, monitor equity, and plan for the future, whether managing their home as an asset or identifying the right time to sell. OJO also has a network of more than 30,000 top-rated real estate professionals, the OJO Select Network, and matches each consumer with the expert who can best support their individual journey.
As one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S., OJO Labs placed 29th on the Deloitte Tech Fast 500 and 49th on the Inc. 5000. To date, the company has raised more than $140 million to fuel its rapid growth. CEO and Founder, John Berkowitz, has been named EY Entrepreneur of the Year for Central Texas and a top CEO by the Austin Business Journal and the company’s executives have won more than a dozen industry awards in the past year. OJO Labs is headquartered in Austin, Texas and has more than 700 employees globally with a presence in Chicago, Minneapolis, and San Mateo; and a large operations center in St. Lucia.
We consistently incorporate social and environmental impact into decision-making at OJO because we consider it important to the success of our business and our overarching purpose to equip anyone to unlock the abundant benefits of homeownership. From saving to buying, owning to selling, we guide people through all the twists and turns along the way. So they can unlock more than just the front door.
OJO is looking for a Financial Analyst to join the FP&A team. The Financial Analyst will contribute greatly during this growth phase and will partner with leaders across the company to ensure operational success.
- Support corporate planning activities, including updating the corporate financial model to help create monthly forecasts and the annual operating plan
- Collaborate with stakeholders across departments to ensure their respective forecasts are tied into the overall corporate planning process
- Analyze operating and financial results as part of the monthly process and ensure accurate and timely completion of all forecast deliverables
- Provide monthly P&L reporting on performance vs plan to executives
- Assist in tracking and managing key performance metrics across departments
- Partner with stakeholders across the business to create frameworks, dashboards and ad-hoc analysis that drive operational decisions such as pricing, staffing and overall resourcing within the company
- Assist with creation of financial and business reporting processes including board and investor packages, bank compliance and other management reporting
- Support business operations initiatives that help identify efficiencies across the company
- Support M&A and broader corporate development initiatives as needed
- Alignment with OJO’s core values: Embrace Discovery, Relentlessly Improve, Be Fearless, Hire Great, Be Compassionate
- Ability to leverage analytical tools and statistics to perform analysis and forecasting of financial and other business information; financial modeling experience required
- 2 - 4 years of experience including some combination of corporate development, corporate FP&A, investment banking, private equity or venture capital experience; prior startup experience a strong plus
- Experience working on small teams and track record of being an excellent collaborator
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively
- Excellent verbal and written skills and a keen attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree in Finance and/or Accounting
What do we have to offer?
- Equitable Pay Practices
- Flexible PTO Policy
- 20+ Paid Company Holidays
- Options for 100% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Medical Health Premiums
- Robust Ancillary Benefit Offerings Including Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Disability Coverage, and Pre Tax Savings Accounts
- Talkspace Access for Employees and Their Dependents
- Home Office Stipend
- Monthly Wellness Stipend
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Investment in Continued Learning
- Promote from Within Philosophy
- Volunteer Program
- Dog-friendly Workplace
Ready to join us? Here’s what to expect next:
Step 1: Complete the application below
Step 2: Recruiter Phone Screen
Step 3: Hiring Manager Video Interview
Step 4: Subject Matter Expert/Technical Video Interview
Step 5: Role-specific Project Assignment + Final Round Interview
Diversity and Inclusion at OJO:
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by law, including race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, and veteran status. We provide equal employment opportunities at all stages in the employment process, including hiring, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Further, all of our employees have a responsibility to treat others with dignity and respect at all times.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are typically done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on OJO. Please reach out to email@example.com if you need assistance completing any forms or to participate in any portion of the application or interview process.