About OJO Engineering
At OJO Engineering, we highly value a thirst for learning, the ability to collaborate, and passion for our customers. We are excited to tackle hard technical problems. We take our responsibility seriously as we use technology to help our customers make important, sometimes life-changing, buying decisions. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment alongside some of the best engineers in Austin, come join us!
We’re looking for a mindful, empathetic, and self-aware Senior Engineering Manager to join our team to help us move our product and engineering teams forward.
About the OJO Aegis + Odin Data Intelligence Team:
Our Aegis and Odin Data Intelligence teams are comprised of Product and Engineering talent. The team's mission is the unification and democratization of data and enablement of OJO to make informed decisions based on that data. As our Engineering Manager of these data teams, you will be influential in helping to scale our solutions and play a vital role in data democratization, data strategy, and data governance. You will lead our data engineers, develop the vision around our data warehouse and products, and transform our data into business and customer value.
- Plan and support career development for the members of your team.
- Inspire and grow engineers through mentorship, empowerment, and by challenging them to do their best work.
- Ship features that will delight our users.
- Partner with product management and design to help set priorities and plan the roadmap for your team.
- Facilitate technical design discussions, remove blockers and align stakeholders
- Drive programs in engineering reliability, productivity, process, and quality
- Recruit and retain best-in-class engineering talent to build a diverse high performing team
- Inspire an atmosphere
What we need from you:
- You have a passion for mentoring and coaching engineers
- Lead our Data engineering across OJO Lab's data platforms, pipelines, and products to help shape the future of what we build using data.
- Champion a data-driven culture by spearheading the company through building a modern data architecture stack.
- Have a broad background in big data, data warehouse modernization, and analytics in a cloud environment.
- Have built and led geographically distributed data engineering teams developing scalable data solutions.
- Identify opportunities and find the win-win-win solution for your team and OJO
- Drive data solutions and features that will impact business decisions and our product roadmap.
- 5 (+) years of experience in data warehousing, data architecture, and/or data engineering environments, leading small to medium-sized teams.
- You are flexible, dedicated, and curious
- You believe in the craft of software and data engineering, but are pragmatic when necessary
- Proven interests in OJO and attention to detail. Please put “Ada Lovelace” in your resume or your cover letter.
- You have a track record of delivering features and functionality on time with high quality
- You have excellent communication skills
What do we have to offer?
- You get to work with the best of the best
- A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
- Competitive Salaries
- Unlimited/Open PTO Policy
- Dog-Friendly Workplace
- Commuter Stipend or Free Parking
- Optimum Workspace Subsidy
- 70% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Health Premiums
- Promote from Within Philosophy
- Volunteer Program
- Many More – We have a whole team dedicated to making OJO an awesome place to work!