About the OJO Product Design Team
The OJO Product Design Team is a collection of designers and entrepreneurs with unique skills, passions, and superpowers that together with our product and engineering partners, define and iteratively develop the cross-channel experiences for our customers. We highly value curiosity, innovative thinking, risk-taking, story-telling, measurement, analytics, and above all, a deep focus on our customers: home buyers, sellers, and owners, as well as OJO’s real estate agents, partners, and our internal tech-enabled people.
If you enjoy working in an incredibly high growth and innovative environment, come join us!
OJO Labs is looking for a Senior Product Designer to impact millions of consumers by joining the OJO Consumer Team. You will help shape the future of the technology and tools used by consumers to find, buy, sell and manage their most important asset: their home. OJO utilizes technology-driven decisions and rich data sets to advise consumers to take the most relevant steps forward in their homeownership journey. Using rapid iteration, and A/B testing protocols, you will work closely within a collaborative cross-functional team, to create digital experiences that empower consumers to reach their homeownership goals.
- Work closely with the other designers, product managers and engineers across our consumer web and native platforms and corresponding tools that will deliver on OJO’s vision of a better and more equitable home ownership experience while delighting our customers.
- Partner with cross-functional teams of product and engineering to identify problem areas and opportunities for improvement.
- Help the team define both long-term vision and feature-level requirements and communicate changes to internal team members.
- Initiative-level UX/UI design which includes visual design, interaction design, and intended changes of human behavior.
- Use quantitative and qualitative methods to uncover user patterns, behaviors and intent; help define user problems and translate these findings into opportunities for effective and measurable solutions
- Lead design reviews and critique
- Map product requirements to design elegant consumer-facing tools and service experience flows, prototyping interactions across mobile and desktop platforms
- Deliver production ready designs for development and collaborate directly with engineers to support an iterative product development process within an Agile environment.
- 3-5 years experience working with Product Managers and Engineers turning design to code and shipping products into the marketplace with an accompanying portfolio
- Knowledge and strong ability to advocate for basic design principles
- Experience working within and actively contributing to a design system
- Deep knowledge of Figma
- Working knowledge of other prototyping, wireframing and mapping tools.
- Experience in conducting and participating in qualitative user studies
- Knowledge of, and experience designing for consumer/provider marketplace dynamics
- Knowledge of, and experience designing for behavior change and employing engagement loops
- Experience in quantitative data analysis a plus
- Knowledge of real estate industry
- Knowledge of FinTech industry
- Experience designing mobile applications
- Experience designing for scale
- Designing products with an end-to-end “big picture” experience in mind, knowing that it’s not just about a fine tuned design, but how the people interact with the end-to-end service that matters.
- Participating-in user research/testing with product users
- Translating foundational, generative, and evaluative research into insights, opportunities and new UX concepts
- Having a strong voice to inform others on how the product you work on impacts both our customers and our business
- Leading the ideation of full product and feature-level work and managing design compromises with team members
- Solving complex design and interaction problems that impact multiple systems and teams
- Hearing feedback from Product, Design and Engineering team members, and can both defend designs and make changes as necessary
- Collaboratively shipping, testing, and iterating, on productivity-tool-based products and features for web and native app development
- Communicating complex ideas or concepts to non-tech, non-design-oriented colleagues and stakeholders
- Balancing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and striking the balance between sketches, process flows, wireframes, Lo-fi & hi-fi prototypes