OJO envisions a world where everyone has what they need to own a home. We know that homeownership is one of life’s most complex decisions and access to trusted advice and expertise can be the difference-maker. Through the fusion of machine intelligence and human expertise, we meet people wherever they are in their home journey to provide deeply personalized guidance and support.
Our intuitive technology learns each individual’s needs and preferences to provide a tailored experience whether they’re buying, selling, or managing their home as an asset. We then help them to move forward when the time’s right — with support, knowledge, and confidence.
From our network of top-rated agents we’ll match homebuyers and sellers with the expert who can best support their specific journey. We introduce agents and loan officers to consumers at just the right time, and underpin the connection with tools and insights to ensure a best-in-class experience.
As part of our team, you’ll help create the experiences that help level the playing field in real estate, so that all people — regardless of race, class, or gender — can experience the gateway to wealth and the security that home provides.
- Lead a team of talented engineers to develop a compelling digital experience that engage with consumers who are in the process of making important purchasing decisions
- Work closely with Product Managers, Designers, and other stakeholders to guide new feature development
- Be heavily involved in the development process, from ideation to implementation. Write code that will run on millions of devices.
What Does it Take to Succeed?
- At least 5+ years of hands on development experience in front end technologies
- Skilled at providing technical leadership
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with application state management and supporting libraries.
- Expert with Git workflows and has worked with BitBucket, GitHub, or GitLab.
- Experience working with DevOps teams, CI/CD, containerized applications, and serverless infrastructure.
- Proven interests in OJO and attention for details. Please put “Ada Lovelace” in your resume or your cover letter.
- Computer Science or other technical degree (or equivalent job experience)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience building mobile friendly consumer web applications
- Experience building maintainable systems supported by automated tests
- Experience with SEO and client-side performance optimization
- Experience with Server-side rendering
With offices all over the world, our award-winning work environments blend meaningful impact and employee satisfaction. We have offices in Austin, Texas; Minneapolis, Minnesota; San Mateo, California; Chicago, Illinois; Toronto, Ontario; and Vieux Fort, St. Lucia.
OJO has received multiple workplace awards, including Fortune Best Workplaces in Technology, Inc. Best Workplaces, and Austin Business Journal’s Best Places to Work. Every person at OJO has a significant impact on our evolving product, team, and culture, which is why we hire the best technical, creative, and operational minds.
Virtual Life at OJO
At OJO, we care and listen deeply to the needs of our team to ensure they are comfortable and have the necessary tools to be productive while working from home during the pandemic. We strive to allow a balance and separation between home and work life, and provide support and a flexible working schedule so that employees are able to focus on what’s important to them. The leadership team at OJO has decided that we will work from home indefinitely. As safety allows, offices will open and employees will have the option of accessing them to work. We will continue to monitor and respond to COVID-19 proactively, while adhering to safety precautions provided by medical leadership.
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.