Ohi is building the future of how digitally native brands engage with their customers post-purchase. We call this Instant Commerce. Our platform enables brands to position inventory hyper-local to their customers, enabling unique post-purchase interactions centered around a sub-2hr delivery experience. We currently have locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, LA, San Francisco and Chicago, serving over 50 brands across Beverage, Beauty and FMCG categories.
As Ohi’s Head of Engineering, you will be heading all things engineering, from ensuring project success, solid technical foundations, system design, and most importantly team collaboration and health. You will be part of a team that prioritizes testing, personal development, and getting things done. You will be part of a company that is trying to provide consumers with a faster, better, and more sustainable experience by enabling e-commerce companies to use our platform.
A little bit about Ohi’s engineering culture. We run a modern stack and workflow - Dockerized containers, CI/CD, agile, decent documentation. Our philosophy is to keep complexity isolated to where it needs to be.
Our system and teams are generally organized around business concepts. As the head of engineering, everything from Courier Connections and Inventory Management Systems to Post-Purchase and Customer communication applications and their teams would be looking to you for leadership.
- Build systems and products that our clients love and our business needs
- Work collaboratively with other engineers to execute on the product roadmap
- Be an advocate for our engineers and their continued learning
- Implement best practices across the engineering organization
- Bring best in class engineering process into a new organization to enable the engineering team to work effectively at speed with high quality
- Document your activities to enable the team to work quickly and independently
- Develop creative new ideas for how to meet our team goals, track KPIs and improve performance
- Lead and grow our world class team of engineers
- Structure and manage agile teams to deliver best in class products
Skills and Requirements:
- Desire to iterate constantly as we learn from our clients’ needs and build a product that supports all consumers of it
- You still enjoy writing code and aren’t afraid to dive deep into a stack trace to solve a nasty issue
- You have organized product builds into a deployable and manageable release cycle
- A passion for people and a deep interest in fostering engineering talent
What We Offer:
- Great compensation package which will include a mix of cash and equity incentives
- Expected 5 weeks PTO, 401k, Health, Vision & Dental
- Regular “testings” from our clients as we ensure the systems are working :-)
- A Highly collaborative and entrepreneurial environment
- High scale, large data, and critical availability engineering environment (everyone gets their order on-time!)
What We Offer:
- Great compensation package, including a mix of cash and equity incentives
- Full benefits package with 5 weeks PTO expected, 401k, Health, Vision & Dental
- Regular team events, both virtually and in-person
- A highly collaborative and entrepreneurial environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.