Ohi is building the future of how digitally native brands engage with their customers post-purchase. We call this Instant Commerce. Our platform enables brands to position inventory hyper-local to their customers, enabling unique post-purchase interactions centered around a sub-2hr delivery experience. We currently have locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, LA, San Francisco and Chicago, serving over 50 brands across Beverage, Beauty and FMCG categories.
As a Data Engineer at Ohi, you will be building and maintaining the technical systems and data infrastructure that the business will need to quickly grow and attain massive scale. You will be part of a team that prioritizes testing, collaboration, personal development, and getting things done. You will be part of a company that is providing consumers with a faster, better, and more sustainable experience by enabling e-commerce companies to use our platform.
- Build and iterate on data systems that fit our business needs
- Lead data gathering, accuracy and definition throughout the company
- Build collaborative relationships with the Product and Business teams
- Bring best-in-class engineering process into a new organization to enable the engineering team to work effectively at speed with high quality
- Document your activities to enable the team to work quickly and independently
- Develop creative new ideas for how to meet our team goals
Skills and Requirements:
- 4+ years of hands-on experience building production applications in an OO programing language (Python required)
- You have experience building ETL processes
- You have deployed data-heavy infrastructure from the ground up
- You are able to articulate and explain technical restrictions to non-technical members of the team and explain various tradeoffs that exist
- You are self-directed and effective at managing your time
- Bonus: You have worked with Athena, Looker, Databricks, and/or Spark with large datasets
What We Offer:
- Great compensation package, including a mix of cash and equity incentives
- Full benefits package with 5 weeks PTO expected, 401k, Health, Vision & Dental
- Regular team events, both virtually and in-person
- A highly collaborative and entrepreneurial environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.