As an Operations Specialist for Ohi, you will support and lead a mix of day-to-day functions ranging from fulfillment to transportation to planning. You will be supporting the highest levels of safety, quality, performance, and service all while enabling scalability. This role will require flexible hours and the ability to work out of multiple locations within the region.
- Developing and managing performance goals and objectives to exceed customer expectations through timely execution, accuracy, and quality
- Proactively identifying and leading process improvement initiatives and Lean tools, including partnering with the technology team to give feedback and drive improvements
- Partnering with the Senior Leadership team to maintain quality control standards while ensuring all issues are escalated appropriately, along with recommendation and/or resolution status
- Managing day-to-day activities with network transportation partners, from couriers to freight carriers; planning and coordinating network-wide product movements for timely delivery and a streamlined client and customer experience
- Assisting with day-to-day micro-fulfillment oversight, from order and labor planning to inventory management
- Liaising with fulfillment partners, helping answer questions and resolve concerns to provide a simple experience
Skills and requirements:
- The Highest Personal Integrity
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 - 4 years of experience (4+ years of experience if no degree)
- Detail- and data-oriented: very comfortable working with data, conducting analysis to prove/iterate hypothesis
- Communicator: The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with appropriate tact
- Bias towards action: Enjoy turning ideas into results
- Extreme Ownership: Enjoy leading a function or initiative and, once up to speed, working autonomously to generate superior results
- Accountability: Willing to hold people accountable, including self, and take appropriate action to protect the business
- Creative Problem Solver: The ability to solve problems that have not been faced before
- Flexible Schedule: After all we are a startup.
- The ability to lift 50lbs
- You have a bachelor’s degree
- You have over 2 years of experience in a fast-paced manufacturing, production, or distribution environment (instant commerce experience preferred)
- You are a growing leader with the capacity to grow in scope and responsibility, and are willing to put in the work to earn it
- You have Lean Six Sigma or continuous improvement experience
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You understand that data rules, and are comfortable with conducting analytics to make recommendations and decisions
- You are a self-starter that does not wait to be told what to do
- You have a long-term perspective and value “right” over “fast”, considering the company’s growth in every action
Ohi is building the future of how digitally native brands engage with their customers post-purchase. We call this Instant Commerce. Our platform enables brands to position inventory hyper-local to their customers, enabling unique post-purchase interactions centered around a sub-2hr delivery experience. We currently have locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, LA, San Francisco and Chicago, serving over 50 brands across Beverage, Beauty and FMCG categories.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.