As an Operations Manager for Ohi you will lead the West Coast region of Ohi’s network. Your main focus will be ensuring a great customer experience, from order placement to order delivery. To do this, you will lead and develop teammates and partners in both fulfillment and transport functions. You will be in charge of maintaining the highest levels of safety, quality, performance, and service all while enabling scalability. This role will require flexible hours and the ability to work out of multiple locations within your region, primarily Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- Developing and managing performance goals and objectives to exceed customer expectations through timely execution, accuracy, and quality
- Partnering with the Senior Leadership team to establish and maintain quality control standards while ensuring all issues are escalated appropriately, along with recommendation and/or resolution status
- Proactively identifying and leading process improvement initiatives and Lean tools, including partnering with the technology team to give feedback and drive improvements
- Clearly communicating policies to team members and acting as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed
- Leading all regional safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment while ensuring procedures are followed for building security and for product-loss prevention
- Creating, managing, and supporting recognition and communication programs
Skills and requirements:
- The Highest Personal Integrity
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 - 4 years of experience (4+ years of experience if no degree)
- The ability to deal with ambiguity and make recommendations in order to determine the path forward
- Extreme Ownership: The ability to work autonomously and generate results
- Flexible Schedule: After all we are a startup.
- A Creative Problem Solver: The ability to solve problems that haven’t been faced before
- Accountability of Others: Willing to hold people accountable, including self, and take appropriate action to protect the business
- Communicator: The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with appropriate tact
- The ability to lift 50lbs and work on your feet for up to 10 hours a day
- You have a bachelor’s degree
- You have over 3 years of management experience in a fast-paced manufacturing, production, or distribution environment
- You are a growing leader with the capacity to expand scope and responsibility, and are willing to put in the work to earn it
- You have Lean Six Sigma or continuous improvement experience
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You understand that data rules, and are comfortable with conducting analytics to make recommendations and decisions
- You are a self-starter that doesn’t wait to be told what to do
- You have a long-term perspective and value "right" over "fast", considering the company’s growth in every action
Ohi is building the future of how digitally native brands engage with their customers post-purchase. We call this Instant Commerce. Our platform enables brands to position inventory hyper-local to their customers, enabling unique post-purchase interactions centered around a sub-2hr delivery experience. We currently have locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, LA, San Francisco and Chicago, serving over 50 brands across Beverage, Beauty and FMCG categories.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.