Ogilvy was founded in 1948 by David Ogilvy. David created a culture that deeply respects and cares about its people and clients. Our mission is to inspire people and brands to make an impact and we are committed to attracting, growing, and retaining the best talent in the industry.
Ogilvy Health UK is made up of healthcare communication specialists across the disciplines of medical education and communications; brain sciences; brand promotion; digital and social; strategic planning; public relations and creative/design. We believe we are like no other: we blaze new trails; we encourage a culture of creativity and innovation; we challenge, and we change; and we recognise and reward our team.
In medical education, our approach is founded on expertise that combines biomedical science, learning theory and behaviour change to create impactful medical and professional education.
We’re ‘Scientifically Grounded, Creatively Driven’.
About the Role
If you're passionate about medical communications and eager to contribute to projects that make a real difference in healthcare, we'd love to hear from you! We're looking for an Account Manager to join us on a permanent basis. This pivotal role supports across 3 key clients overseeing two workstreams - External Scientific Communications and Internal Training. This is a unique opportunity to work with long-standing clients in the launch phase of 2x drugs within the Rare Disease space so you can expect to deliver a variety of work as we head into 2024. You'll be joining a collaborative and sociable team so you'll receive plenty of support and be surrounded by a wealth of knowledge. You'll have objectives set and a review process in place to help you achieve your goals.
We work on a hybrid basis with 2 anchor days in the office and 3 from home, or wherever suits you best. We have offices in London, Manchester and Oxford and are happy to speak to candidates who can comfortably travel to any of these locations.
What You’ll Do
As an Account Manager you can expect to be involved in a diverse range of medical education activities run by our large integrated team covering all aspects of medcomms. You can expect to be looking after around 6-10 projects at any given point ranging in value, typically -
- Internal training slide decks (opportunities to explore innovative learning techniques/interactive platforms with internal Adult Learning specialists)
- Data visualisation assets, such as visual summaries, annotated publication decks, infographics and brochures, to aid with internal/external data comprehension
- MSL support materials e.g. congress FAQs, dialogue facilitation decks
- Talking Head videos - closely collaborating with KOLs and internal Creative/Video departments
- Adhoc events - symposia
- You'll be the day to day lead for our clients, offering guidance and engaging with them to understand their needs
What You’ll Need
- Experience as an Account Manager within a healthcare, medcomms or meded agency
- A track record of success in project management and delivery across a variety of medical education projects, as well as financial management
- You will be able to ideate around new solutions, apply your experience in offering a point of view, challenge client direction as/when appropriate and have a say in improving team processes to ensure effective and efficient working
- A good understanding of pharma regulations
- A desire to develop within your role; challenge the status quo and be part of developing new creative approaches and solutions to both our client’s challenges and our internal priorities
- You're a solutions focused individual, a great listener and someone who is flexible and willing to adapt when required
- Above all, a passion for medcomms and the work that can be done in this space!
- 25 days holiday + your birthday off and a paid volunteering day - after 2 years service you can purchase up to an additional 5 days per year
- Flexible working
- Enhanced parental leave
- A generous pension scheme - you pay in 4% we pay 6%, following probation contributions are matched up to 10.5% (17.5% in total)
- Private medical cover (Bupa) OR Dental cover OR a monthly leisure allowance of £45 to spend on your health & wellbeing
- A fantastic EAP provided by LifeWorks which offers brilliant support, expert advice and specialist counselling
- Help at Hand - quick free access to a remote GP, mental health support, physio or a medical 2nd opinion
- Free 1-2-1 Coaching - online coaching for your professional or personal growth provided by Thrive Partners
- A comprehensive L&D programme