Ogilvy was founded in 1948 by David Ogilvy. David created a culture that deeply respects and cares about its people and clients. Our mission is to inspire people and brands to make an impact and we are committed to attracting, growing, and retaining the best talent in the industry. Our health division is one of the largest global networks in healthcare communications and provides strategic, integrated communication solutions for our clients, including many of the biggest names in the pharmaceutical industry. Ogilvy Health is made up of c.200 healthcare communication specialists across medical education, medical communications, advertising, digital, public relations, and market access.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Account Director to join us on a permanent basis. In this role you will work across two of the agency’s largest global PR accounts delivering purposeful work that makes an impact to those living with rare diseases across the world.
We offer flexible hybrid working and are open to speaking with candidates who can comfortably travel to either London, Oxford, or Manchester two days per week.
What You’ll Do
As a PR Senior Account Director, you will develop and implement account plans, lead large projects, contribute to strategic discussions with clients, review content to ensure quality and alignment with briefs, drive organic growth and oversee financial management including forecasting and tracking. Additionally, you will get involved in business development pitches for new clients.
Joining a team of c.20 PR and social media specialists, you'll be responsible for driving the success of your accounts, establishing and maintaining a role as a valued consultant from a strategic and operational perspective. You'll be someone who inspires and leads your team to deliver impactful work and develop strong client relationships. The teams are well established, highly effective and have already built high levels of trust with the clients.
The type of activities you will undertake is varied, including: social media campaigns directed at both specialist and public audiences, patient activation initiatives, clinical data and regulatory comms media outreach and leadership coalition initiatives involving multiple stakeholder groups.
Within Ogilvy Health UK there are 200 health specialists working together to solve client’s challenges applying their own areas of specialism such as: public relations, strategy, creative, medical education and brain sciences. This will give you the opportunity to work alongside a broad range of health specialists to deliver truly outstanding work.
You will also take on line management responsibilities for 1-2 reports, which will include regular catch-up meetings, managing feedback received from colleagues, goal setting, and career conversations.
There are several ongoing initiatives within Ogilvy Health outside of client work that you can choose to get involved in including our culture and social team and our various fantastic DEI groups, created to champion diversity in the industry, our agency and our work.
You will discover that we are a very friendly, non-hierarchical, eclectic team, bound together by a desire to do the best work of our lives.
What You’ll Need
- Experience and expertise working in healthcare PR or broader external communications
- A clear point of view on the challenges and opportunities around healthcare communications
- Ability and passion to effectively manage and develop team members
- Experience in working closely and building professional relationships with clients, or equivalent internal/external stakeholders
- Experience in developing and implementing account plans, aligning to clients’ broader strategies, objectives and milestones, and collaborating with multi-disciplinary colleagues as required
- Robust attention to detail, applied in both the development and review of other team members’ work, which will ensure consistently high-quality deliverables
- Solid understanding of paid, earned, shared and owned media and the value of integrated communications
- Commercial awareness
- Above all drive, desire and day to day enthusiasm to do great work, applying original thinking to achieve outstanding results
- Private Medical Cover OR Monthly Leisure Allowance (£45!) OR Dental Cover
- 25 days annual leave, plus a day off for your birthday and a paid volunteering day
- Access to our excellent Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provided by Lifeworks
- Access to fantastic resources in our L&D Academy
- A dedicated Culture Committee who keep us entertained throughout the year with a range of inclusive sociable events - we like to have fun!
- 1:1 coaching to support your personal and professional development
- A generous pension scheme, with contributions matched up to a total of 17.5% (i.e. you pay in 7%, Ogilvy Health pays in 10.5%)