Ogilvy was founded in 1948 by David Ogilvy. David created a culture that deeply respects and cares about its people and clients. Our mission is to inspire people and brands to make an impact and we are committed to attracting, growing, and retaining the best talent in the industry. Our health division is one of the largest global networks in healthcare communications and provides strategic, integrated communication solutions for our clients, including many of the biggest names in the pharmaceutical industry. Ogilvy Health UK is made up of healthcare communication specialists across the disciplines of medical education and communications; brain sciences; brand promotion; digital and social; strategic planning; public relations and creative/design. We believe we are like no other: we blaze new trails; we encourage a culture of creativity and innovation; we challenge, and we change; and we recognise and reward our team.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a PR Account Director to join us as one of our long serving team members moves on. Stepping into this well established team and role you will work across two of the agency’s largest global PR accounts delivering purposeful work that makes an impact to those living with rare diseases across the world. Supporting some of the best clients in the business with a high level of trust and mutual respect, this is a great opportunity to continue to develop and nuture those relationships. You can expect to work on a variety of projects including a continuation of podcasts, laying the ground work for social media workshops, short videos, press releases and general comms, as well as supporting your team, reviewing work and ensuring projects are tracking to deadlines.
As an Account Director, you will be the linchpin of your teams, an expert at tactical delivery with oversight of all projects and acting as the day-to-day client lead. You will be a source of trusted advice to clients and to your team, developing and supporting them to deliver outstanding work. Commercially astute, you will be accountable for keeping the accounts profitable through accurate scoping and resource allocation. And in addition to your account work, you will have opportunities to get involved in new business pitches and broader collaboration opportunities with the wider Ogilvy Health team.
You'll be responsible for driving the success of your accounts from an operational perspective. You'll be someone who inspires and leads your team to deliver impactful work, supporting them and giving them the scope to develop and flourish. We are a non-hierarchical agency and each team member is given ownership and accountability of specific projects. This role works in a blended team and you'll work closely with your colleagues in medical education - the scientific driver behind everything we do.
Within Ogilvy Health UK there are 200 health specialists working together to solve client’s challenges applying their own areas of specialism such as: public relations, strategy, creative, medical education and brain sciences. This will give you the opportunity to work alongside a broad range of health specialists to deliver truly outstanding work.
You will also take on line management responsibilities for 1-2 reports, which will include regular catch-up meetings, managing feedback received from colleagues, goal setting, and career conversations.
There are several ongoing initiatives within Ogilvy Health outside of client work that you can choose to get involved in including our culture and social team and our various fantastic DEI groups, created to champion diversity in the industry, our agency and our work.
You will discover that we are a very friendly, non-hierarchical, eclectic team, bound together by a desire to do the best work of our lives.
We offer flexible hybrid working and are open to speaking with candidates who can comfortably travel to either London, Oxford, or our fab new campus in Manchester two days per week.
What we need from you
- Your PR within healthcare expertise delivering a broad variety of work
- Your clear point of view on the challenges and opportunities around healthcare communications
- Your experience in working closely and building professional relationships with clients, or equivalent internal/external stakeholders
Your experience in developing and implementing account plans, aligning to clients’ broader strategies, objectives and milestones, and collaborating with multi-disciplinary colleagues as required
- Robust attention to detail, applied in both the development and review of other team members’ work, which will ensure consistently high-quality deliverables
- Your commercial awareness
- A solid understanding of paid, earned, shared and owned media and the value of integrated communication
- Your drive, desire and passion to do great work, applying original thinking to achieve outstanding results
- 25 days holiday + your birthday off - after 2 years service you can purchase up to an additional 5 days per year
- Enhanced parental leave
- A generous pension scheme - you pay in 4% we pay 6%, following probation contributions are matched up to 10.5% (17.5% in total)
- Private medical cover (Bupa) OR Dental cover OR a monthly leisure allowance of £45 to spend on your health & wellbeing
- A fantastic EAP provided by LifeWorks which offers brilliant support, expert advice and specialist counselling
- Help at Hand - quick free access to a remote GP, mental health support, physio or a medical 2nd opinion
- Free 1-2-1 Coaching - online coaching for your professional or personal growth provided by Thrive Partners
- A comprehensive Learning & Development programme