OfferZen was founded on the idea that we can bring about a massively positive change in the world by unlocking the potential of software makers and better enabling the companies they work at.
Over the last 4 years OfferZen has managed to make a serious impact on the South African tech recruitment space - and we're speeding up. Our team has exploded from 4 to 75+. We’re looking to add more smart people who want to meaningfully contribute to our mission.
Our company was founded by Philip and Malan Joubert, along with other successful tech startups like SnapScan, JourneyApps and Luno.
The Finance team enables OfferZen’s growth to keep up with its ambitions. As a startup, effectively managing our finances is the backbone of our rapid growth. We see finance as a true value creating function, and we need more passionate people to help us win. We’re looking for a world-class Financial Manager to join the team and help us in taking it to the next level.
What you will be doing
- You will assist in managing our finance, accounting and compliance functions, continuously ensuring that our standards are kept high and adhered to.
- You will be developing and implementing new financial processes to increase organisational efficiencies and control as we scale.
- You will analyse, report and communicate our financial information to ensure the best decisions are being made across the company.
- You will manage external stakeholders, including bookkeepers, auditors and bankers.
- You will manage our cash flow and working capital and maximise the value we extract from them.
- You will spearhead new finance-oriented initiatives within OfferZen.
What you should have
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- +4 years of experience in Finance and Accounting after completing your articles
- Solid understanding of the difference between the worlds of accounting and business
- Deep technical knowledge of accounting, consolidations, finance and compliance
- Strong drive to get things done with high personal standards and a demonstrated history of hard work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (bonus: enjoy teaching)
- A great eye for detail
- Strong analytical skills and be a tech power user
- Strong problem solving skills, resourcefulness and not be afraid to get your hands dirty to get the job done
- Discipline and take responsibility for own work
If all of the above sounds like you, or even if it doesn’t but you think you would be great anyway, we’d love to hear from you and have a conversation. Please apply and we’ll be in touch with you as soon as we are able.