Why is now a good time to join OfferZen?
Over the last 3 years, OfferZen has managed to make a large dent in the South African tech recruitment space – and we're speeding up. Our team has exploded from 4 to 60+. We’re looking to add more smart people who want to contribute meaningfully.
OfferZen was founded by Philip and Malan Joubert, along with other successful tech startups like SnapScan, JourneyApps and Luno.
Our mission is to improve the experience of finding work for makers – people involved in making software, from developers to designers and data scientists. OfferZen does that by flipping the traditional recruitment model on its head and getting companies to reach out to makers with upfront offers.
You’ll be working in a Data squad as part of our Product Group, a talented group of developers, engineers and data scientists focussing on our data platform. You’ll be joining a growing, data-centric organization with a culture of experimentation and analytical thinking.
What you’ll do
At OfferZen, data is key to enabling teams, processes and our customer base to scale. You’ll be helping create data products in three main areas:
- Personalization – creating an excellent user experience for companies and candidates
- Operations – informing and assisting company level decision-making
- Customer Growth – helping more people find an awesome tech job.
This creates an ideal opportunity for a Data Engineer to thrive and deliver high impact solutions. This position is well-suited to someone looking to grow their technical and collaboration skills. You’ll work in a supportive environment, with outstanding teammates, and gain experience across the full range of responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- 3+ years experience with data modelling and database technologies.
- A solid foundation in computer science in areas such as software architecture and data structures
- Ability to work both autonomously, and in a small team to solve complex problems
- Care about the quality and impact of your work
- A good knowledge of a high-level programming language (E.g. Ruby, Python, Go).
- Experience in using data processing for analytics or built data processing capabilities.
- Experience with database technologies and paradigms – relational, noSQL, warehousing
- Bonus for experience with Hadoop based technologies (MapReduce, Hive, Pig)
- BEng or BSc CS degree, or equivalent working experience
What it’s like to work here
We are a fun loving and very driven team of 60+ people. We are transparent with our numbers and strategy and have weekly learning sessions where someone in the company presents something they do. We get lunch every day and have 20 days of leave a year. We do fun stuff together like going on picnics at Kirstenbosch, playing board games and having Sumo wrestling events!
We’re helping makers – the people who design and build software products – to unlock their individual potential. We started with recruitment because helping someone find a job they love is one of the fastest ways of changing their life. Since then, we’ve started expanding to things like training, root (programmable banking for developers) and building tools for the tech community.
our team :)