Why now is a great time to join OfferZen
Over the last 3 years OfferZen has managed to make a large dent in the South African tech recruitment space - and we're speeding up. Our team has exploded from 4 to 60+. We’re looking to add more smart people who want to contribute meaningfully.
Our mission is to improve the experience of finding work for makers - people involved in making software, from developers to designers and data scientists. OfferZen does that by flipping the traditional recruitment model on its head and getting companies to reach out to makers with upfront offers.
We’re looking for someone passionate about performance marketing to join our growth team, and be an integral part of scaling our business.
PPC ads are one of the main ways we have grown OfferZen we have a few interesting challenges that are unique to our business and industry:
- We’re low volume, high value and we’ve already saturated some of our channels.
- Our audience (devs, UX designers, data scientists and product managers) is niche, smart, and generally don’t like being advertised to.
So you’ll need to think far more broadly than just bids and micro-optimisations.
You’ll be tying together & distributing our value prop to the right people, with the goal of getting more people to use OfferZen. You’ll have a lot of freedom to try new things within a framework of strong principles to help guide you.
You will be responsible for launching our acquisition marketing efforts in new geographies which we expand to. You will be working on both strategy and execution of building out an expert performance marketing capability within OfferZen.
What you’ll do:
- Build a robust system that enables us to:
- Acquire new users in SA at a reasonable CPA
- Launch cost efficient, effective ads in new countries
- Help grow new products, like our freelancing marketplace
- Acquire leads for companies (B2B)
- Experiment with channels, messaging & audiences to optimise conversion rates and CPAs across all products, countries and categories.
- Drive engagement with our content and events in order to get more people to use OfferZen.
What you’ll need:
- Expert (world class) skills in at least one paid media channel
- Experience planning and implementing end-to-end campaigns
- You consider all avenues for reaching the right users & are able to prioritise impactful work
- You have a thorough understanding of marketing principles and practices
- You’re great at writing copy
- You’re an excellent communicator
- Exposure to / have worked in a team that does brand marketing
- Good at data analysis
- Google sheets/Excel power user
- Have worked with tools like MixPanel, Looker or similar analytics software
- Degree, ideally in maths/science/eng discipline or equivalent work experience
- You’re driven to work super hard
- You stay up to date with marketing trends
What it’s like to work here
We are a fun loving and very driven team of 60+ people. We are transparent with our numbers and strategy and have weekly learning sessions where someone in the company presents something they do. We get lunch every day and have 20 days of leave a year. We do fun stuff together like going on picnics at Kirstenbosch, playing board games and having Sumo wrestling events!