Why is now a good time to join OfferZen?
Over the last 3 years, OfferZen has managed to make a large dent in the South African tech recruitment space – and we're speeding up. Our team has exploded from 4 to 60+. We’re looking to add more smart people who want to contribute meaningfully.
OfferZen was founded by Philip and Malan Joubert, along with other successful tech startups like SnapScan, JourneyApps and Luno.
Our mission is to improve the experience of finding work for makers – people involved in making software, from developers to designers and data scientists. OfferZen does that by flipping the traditional recruitment model on its head and getting companies to reach out to makers with upfront offers.
You’ll be working in our Tech Team, a talented group of developers, engineers and data scientists responsible for the entire development and infrastructure lifecycle of the OfferZen platform. We’re expanding our teams, services and infrastructure in order to support the growth we are experiencing, which in turn, creates an ideal opportunity for a mid-level DevOps engineer to thrive and deliver high impact solutions.
This position is well-suited to someone looking to grow their technical and collaboration skills. You’ll work in a supportive environment, with outstanding teammates, and gain experience across the full range of DevOps responsibilities as we tackle issues of optimising for rapid delivery, reliability, security and compliance, collaboration and architecting for scale. You’ll also work alongside members from the product squads to help drive quality and efficiency.
What you’ll do
At OfferZen, technology is key to enabling teams, processes and our customer base to scale without compromising on quality. As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll be making contributions in
- Automation to support and enhance our built-in quality practices as we grow our product team.
- Scalability and availability of our platform as we move to more regions and other marketplaces.
- Evolving our architecture to align with best practice and modern cloud technologies.
What you’ll need
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A good knowledge of a high-level programming language (E.g. Ruby, Python, Go) and web development
- Experience supporting business critical cloud infrastructure – bonus for AWS experience.
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery technologies.
- 1+ years experience with data modelling and database technologies
- BEng or BSc CS degree, or with 4+ years experience
- 2+ years experience with software development, systems/DevOps engineering.
- Comfortable with Unix-based operating systems
- “Automate everything!”
- Driven to work super hard to achieve a “Silicon Valley” level of personal execution
- Attention to detail
What it’s like to work here
We are a fun loving and very driven team of 60+ people. We are transparent with our numbers and strategy and have weekly learning sessions where someone in the company presents something they do. We get lunch every day and have 20 days of leave a year. We do fun stuff together like going on picnics at Kirstenbosch, playing board games and having Sumo wrestling events!
We’re helping makers – the people who design and build software products – to unlock their individual potential. We started with recruitment because helping someone find a job they love is one of the fastest ways of changing their life. Since then, we’ve started expanding to things like training, root (programmable banking for developers) and building tools for the tech community.
our team :)