Over the last 3 years OfferZen has managed to make a large dent in the South African tech recruitment space - and we're speeding up. Our team has exploded from 4 to 60+. We’re looking to add more smart people who want to contribute meaningfully.
Our mission is to improve the experience of finding work for makers - people involved in making software, from developers to designers and data scientists. OfferZen does that by flipping the traditional recruitment model on its head and getting companies to reach out to makers with upfront offers.
You’ll be working in a product squad as part of our Product Team, a talented group of developers and designers responsible for building the OfferZen platform. Our goal is to build a world class product to improve the job search experience.
A product squad takes ownership of one of the three OfferZen products. They are responsible for managing the product roadmap with help from the product manager. They also handle all phases of the product development cycle, this includes the research and ideation, design, develop, testing, and release phases.
What you’ll do
- Work with your squad to identify and solve interesting and challenging problems pertaining to one of the three OfferZen products.
- Take ownership of the front-end development within your squad, while assisting with back-end development to a limited extend.
- Architect and build solutions with superb user experiences and beautiful interfaces.
- Work with your squad to test, release, and iterate on features.
- Assist the Tech Team to maintain and improve our front-end framework by focussing on aspect such as code quality, testing framework, component library.
What you’ll need
- Minimum of 4 years experience in software development
- Extensive experience with either React, Angular, or Vue, and some experience with any back-end framework (preferably Rails)
- Knowledge on front-end state management (Redux, Mobx) and testing (Jest, Mocha)
- Ability to work both autonomously, and in a small team to solve complex problems
- Good eye for transforming designs into pixel-perfect solutions
- Basic knowledge about UX, usability, and information architecture
- Care about the quality and cadence of your work
- A solid foundation in computer science in areas such as software architecture and data structures
- BEng/BSc in computer science, or equivalent working experience
What it’s like to work here
We are a fun loving and very driven team of 60+ people. We are transparent with our numbers and strategy and have weekly learning sessions where someone in the company presents something they do. We get lunch every day and have 20 days of leave a year. We do fun stuff together like going on picnics at Kirstenbosch, playing board games and having Sumo wrestling events!
We’re helping makers - the people who design and build software products - to unlock their individual potential. We started with recruitment because helping someone find a job they love is one of the fastest ways of changing their life. Since then we’ve started expanding to things like training, root (programmable banking for developers) and building tools for the tech community.
our team :)