About the role:
OfferUp is seeking an experienced analyst to join the BizOps team who is passionate about efficiently acquiring and re-engaging OfferUp users and will support data-driven decision making and strategy across the company.
In this role, your proven business acumen and analytical mindset will help drive OfferUp’s growth and marketing strategy. You will lead complex analyses and synthesize large data sets into meaningful and actionable insights that you will present to senior executives and cross functional teams. We are looking for an excellent critical thinker with strong quantitative skills. Intellectual curiosity, comfort with ambiguity, and the ability to roll up one’s sleeves are essential for this role.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Conduct in-depth analyses of user acquisition efforts primarily focused on cohort-based analytics and LTV/CAC based decision making
- Proactively identify trends, drivers, and improvement opportunities in the user acquisition and re-engagement space
- Design, measure, and analyze a/b tests to optimize marketing channel efficiency
- Deliver strategic projects for leadership that provide high impact insights for key initiatives
- Communicate key data and findings to audiences of all levels
- Partner with product and marketing teams to define success criteria of new product features and measure feature performance against those criteria
- Create dashboards to support self-service insights for new business initiatives and features
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- 5+ years of work experience in an analytics role, ideally within mobile app acquisition, and is deeply familiar with mobile measurement and technology
- Insane business curiosity. Skilled at breaking down complex business or product questions from all possible angles to garner key insights. You enjoy using data to answer challenging questions that inform key business decisions
- Exceptional analytical skills with high business acumen. Strong familiarity with leveraging data to address challenging business questions. Ability to think comprehensively with high attention to detail. You have experience with cohort analysis, modeling, data visualization tools, excel, and sql
- Autonomous problem solver. You can independently lead complex, cross functional, and highly visible projects. You inspire trust from your business partners
- Self-starter with strong work ethic. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multitask and juggle multiple projects with shifting priorities. You are scrappy and resourceful; you know how to do more with less
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You can synthesize complex analytic results, present actionable findings in compelling visual formats, and communicate them effectively to a broad audience
Compensation Range:$110,000 - 120,000
OfferUp offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. Individual salaries within our ranges are determined through a variety of factors including, but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. All roles will receive equity in OfferUp as part of their compensation, the amount of equity varying depending on the individual’s level and experience.
In addition to our compensation package, this role is eligible to enroll in health insurance, healthcare savings and spending accounts, retirement savings benefits (401(k) plan with match), basic and voluntary life insurance, disability benefits, and paid time off for sick leave, family and/or medical leave, vacation, and 12 company holidays. In regard to vacation time, OfferUp has a flexible vacation policy and, in general, full-time exempt employees will be expected to take 3-5 weeks (15-30 days) of pre-planned vacation time per year. Vacation needs are flexible and will naturally vary from year to year based on individual circumstances and business needs. In regard to sick time, all full-time employees (exempt and non-exempt) will be granted 12 days (96 hours) of sick time per year (pro-rated if they start a date other than January 1). Your recruiter can share more details about specific benefits during the interview process.
OfferUp is the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S. We are changing the way people buy and sell in their communities by providing a uniquely simple and trusted experience on our iOS and Android apps. Our goal is to be the platform of choice for local commerce by connecting buyers and sellers through an interface that makes selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from a mobile device. OfferUp was founded in 2011 and has grown to serve local markets across the U.S. with more than 1 in 5 adults using OfferUp in 2022.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- Top 10 Shopping app in the App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.