About the role:
OfferUp is seeking an accomplished Engineering Manager to become part of the Advertising team. This dedicated team is responsible for creating advertising systems and integrations that facilitate the distribution of third-party ads on OfferUp. Our primary objective is to enhance the advertising experience for our users by offering a diverse range of ad types, including Product Listing Ads (PLAs), Display ads, and Interstitials, all supplied through both direct and programmatic demand sources.
In many companies, you only manage engineers. In our team, it's different. You lead the team and the technical systems, from managing engineers to designing and overseeing features. Plus, you work with colleagues from various departments like Product, BizOps, and CS.
Here’s more of what you will do:
- Succeed in a fast-paced, ownership-driven environment.
- Lead, mentor, and coach your engineering team for their career growth.
- Guide your team by providing perspective on the larger vision, aiding in prioritization, and encouraging sharp focus and exceptional execution.
- Incubate new ideas and create the engineering roadmap for the team.
- Work collaboratively with our business partners and product managers to distill complex business problems into simple and robust technical solutions.
- Recruit new engineers to grow and expand our teams.
- 4+ years of experience managing a team of 5+ software engineers.
- 8+ years of professional software engineering experience, at least two were focused on full-stack development.
- Deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Professional experience working with large-scale distributed systems.
- Professional experience with database systems, both relational and NoSQL databases.
- A strong product mindset along with experience in delivering large complex projects collaborating with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders that are technology, operations or business focused.
- Familiarity with running A/B tests in production environments and analyzing data to launch features.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Information Systems/Technology, Information Science, or a related discipline.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Helpful, but not required:
- Experience with cloud infrastructure AWS.
- Domain experience in advertising especially around Programmatic, Direct Demand.e.g GAM, TAM.
- Familiarity with legal compliance and the changing landscape of ads regulation around the world.
Compensation Range: $198k - $270k
OfferUp offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. Individual salaries within our ranges are determined through a variety of factors including, but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. All roles will receive equity in OfferUp as part of their compensation, the amount of equity varying depending on the individual’s level and experience.
In addition to our compensation package, this role is eligible to enroll in health insurance, healthcare savings and spending accounts, retirement savings benefits (401(k) plan with match), basic and voluntary life insurance, disability benefits, and paid time off for sick leave, family and/or medical leave, vacation, and 12 company holidays. In regard to vacation time, OfferUp has a flexible vacation policy and, in general, full-time exempt employees will be expected to take 3-5 weeks (15-30 days) of pre-planned vacation time per year. Vacation needs are flexible and will naturally vary from year to year based on individual circumstances and business needs. In regard to sick time, all full-time employees (exempt and non-exempt) will be granted 12 days (96 hours) of sick time per year (pro-rated if the start date is other than January 1). Your recruiter can share more details about specific benefits during the interview process.
OfferUp is the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S. We are changing the way people buy and sell in their communities by providing a uniquely simple and trusted experience on our iOS and Android apps. Our goal is to be the platform of choice for local commerce by connecting buyers and sellers through an interface that makes selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from a mobile device. OfferUp was founded in 2011 and has grown to serve local markets across the U.S. with more than 1 in 5 adults using OfferUp in 2022.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- Top 10 Shopping app in the App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.