About the role:
OfferUp is seeking an experienced Account Executive to lead the charge in its Auto Vertical. This role is pivotal in defining our offering for auto dealerships across the country and creating a significant book of satisfied customers. This is an exciting opportunity for the confident, self-starter salesperson who likes to navigate unchartered territory and influence the entire sales strategy and product for an entire company.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- 35-45 calls a day (+ 50-60 minutes of talk time) in order to secure new business by selling Licensed Auto Dealers to the OfferUp Automotive Program.
- Grow revenue base from scratch, by identifying and closing new business from cold calling (60%) and inbound leads (40%)
- Provide exemplary customer service to all Auto Dealers
- Research and prospect new customers in targeted DMAs
- Discover the path to successfully selling to a variety of car dealers (independents, franchise and larger group dealerships)
- Leverage our tech stack for accurate reporting, discovering opportunities in your process, and efficient outreach to target 1:many businesses
- Collaborate with Product, Research, and Business Operations to ensure the learnings from the field are incorporated into the overall business direction
- Lead, track, and report on all prospecting activity and results in our CRM (Salesforce.com)
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- Demonstrated track record of selling high $ marketing/advertising services over the phone is valued
- Experience in a short sell cycle is highly preferred – the ability to one-call close experience
- 2-4 years of Business Development or Inside Sales experience with a tech company serving brick-and-mortar customers
- Competitive drive, optimism and confidence
- Demonstrated proficiency in prospecting and hunting for new clients
- Versed in the art of selling to busy, no-nonsense business owners while developing relationships for the long-term
- Resourceful and adaptable, and can identify creative solutions that may not be “how it is done” in this space
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- This position requires travel to Washington state (if remote) 2 to 3 times a year. If you are in Washington state, you will be required to come into the office 2 to 3 times a year.
Helpful, but not required:
- Spanish-speaking a big plus
- Knowledge of the automotive dealer industry
Compensation Range: Base Salary: $64,612 + variable bonus
OfferUp offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. Individual salaries within our ranges are determined through a variety of factors including, but not limited to, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and geography. All roles will receive equity in OfferUp as part of their compensation, the amount of equity varying depending on the individual’s level and experience.
This role is eligible to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization (commission). The commission amount will be allocated based on the OfferUp Sales Commission Plan as well as an individual’s performance, metrics, and economic performance of the company and is not a guaranteed part of an individual’s compensation. Commission for this role can range from $0 to $84,000.
In addition to our compensation package, this role is eligible to enroll in health insurance, healthcare savings and spending accounts, retirement savings benefits (401(k) plan with match), basic and voluntary life insurance, disability benefits, and paid time off for sick leave, family and/or medical leave, vacation, and 12 company holidays. In regard to vacation time, full-time, non-exempt employees will receive 160 hours of paid vacation per year (pro-rated if they start on a date other than January 1). Each year, full-time, non-exempt employees may carry over a balance of 40 hours of vacation time to the following year. In regard to sick time, all full-time employees (exempt and non-exempt) will be granted 12 days (96 hours) of sick time per year (pro-rated if they start a date other than January 1). Your recruiter can share more details about specific benefits during the interview process.
OfferUp is the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S. We are changing the way people buy and sell in their communities by providing a uniquely simple and trusted experience on our iOS and Android apps. Our goal is to be the platform of choice for local commerce by connecting buyers and sellers through an interface that makes selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from a mobile device. OfferUp was founded in 2011 and has grown to serve local markets across the U.S. with more than 1 in 5 adults using OfferUp in 2022.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- Top 10 Shopping app in the App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.