OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
- 90M+ Downloads
- + Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami, and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate, experienced learning and development specialist with a focus on sales to join the Operations Training Team and take our sales training to the next level. The Sales Enablement L&D Specialist is responsible for designing and developing, maintaining, and scheduling training programs that support the sales organization at OfferUp. This includes delivering programs virtually or on-site. The Sales Enablement L&D Specialist will become a product expert on our sales programs for AE’s and AM’s. A successful candidate thrives in a constantly changing environment, has a passion for OfferUp, its company culture, and is obsessed with all things sales.
- Design, develop, and maintain content according to a systematic instructional design methodology.
- Deliver impactful sales training to the OfferUp sales force.
- Proactively manage internal sign-offs and reviews from Head of Sales and Sr. Mgr of L&D
- Responsible for training of Sykes team on all ‘sales’ asks
- Maintain the status of ‘content expert’ for sales programs (Autos and Pro Seller).
- Schedule and coordinate monthly onboarding programs
- Utilize analytics to determine training effectiveness and make adjustments to drive successful outcomes.
- Develop and maintain job aids, e-learning, quizzes, and final learner assessments.
- Own the ongoing evaluation and maintenance of the training programs by communicating with the Head of Sales and Sr. Sales Manager.
- Maintain up to date, functional knowledge of OfferUp product, as well as sales tools and workflows.
- Contribute as a team player to shared learning and development processes and evolving ways of making training more effective.
- Maintain the position of a role model within the company, as the face of OfferUp to new trainees in the classroom, and to the wider OfferUp team.
- Provide direct, specific feedback to AE’s and AM’s to help improve learning outcomes while remaining positive and encouraging.
- Proactively engage with New Hires, and other Learning and Development specialists, fostering a positive learning environment of trust and respect.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Use clear, professional written communication for training documents and facilitator guides, as well as general communication involved in teamwork.
Nice to Have:
- Able to collaborate with teammates in-person and remotely, across many departments and levels, all working together toward common goals.
- Able to work independently, using strong time management and organizational skills to effectively manage a large and ever-changing workload and business needs.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient working knowledge of Google Suite (including Docs, Sheets, and Slides).
- 3+ years of training and instructional design experience preferred
- 3+ years in a sales environment
- 3+ years experience in a learning and development position
- Sales experience a plus
- Proven classroom management experience and in interest in adult learning theory with a passion for learning, adult education, and a growth mindset
- Experience or passion for an LMS and/or training creation tool, such as Litmos.
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.