OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
- 90M+ Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami, and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
About the role:
We're looking for someone to help drive business and product strategy by analyzing market trends and educating leaders on the market landscape. Successful candidates for this position will have or quickly develop a deep understanding of the ecommerce and mobile ecosystem (trends, players, economics, technology, etc.), and will be able to communicate their insights effectively across the organization.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Contribute thought leadership on the future state of the marketplaces and OfferUp’s overall growth strategy
- Collaborate with C-level leadership to develop forward-thinking strategies in support of marketplace growth
- Provide sophisticated research and analysis on market trends, customer behaviors, and competitive moves to help drive product roadmaps.
- Go deep into data (across OfferUp and market data) to uncover key insights about OfferUp's positioning in the market, then effectively communicate these to leaders across the company
- Create business cases for business and product initiatives, with a focus on product market fit, market, and opportunity sizing.
You’ll thrive in this role if you are:
- A strong communicator: You have exceptional written and verbal skills and can craft and articulate analyses and recommendations that are concise, informed, and insightful
- Biased towards action: You’re organized, dependable, and detail-oriented with the ability to work independently and create your own deadlines
- Data obsessed: You’re process and metrics-driven with solid data skills and the ability to dive deep and understand the details of a variety of businesses
- A creative problem-solver: You have an uncanny ability to think outside-the-box, using the resources at hand to effortlessly get to the bottom of an issue
- A student of the industry: You’re career-driven and hungry to learn, and want to educate your team on the latest marketplace trends
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or other related disciplines from a top-tier institution. MBA a plus.
- 5+ years of strategy, finance, and/or business operations experience, preferably in the digital media or internet space.
- 5+ years of experience leading strategy projects at a top-tier consulting firm or in a corporate strategy team.
- 5+ years of analytical and modeling experience,
- Demonstrated ability to structure and solve ambiguous and diverse market problems.
- Demonstrated strong presentation and influencing skills.
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.