OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android makes it easy for people to post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and find great deals on items nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
At a Glance
In March 2020, OfferUp acquired LetGo, making the combined company the largest mobile marketplace in the U.S.
- 90M+ Downloads
- Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
Due to the current pandemic, OfferUp offices are closed in Bellevue, Wa, and Miami, FL, and employees are working remotely until June 30, 2021. Once OfferUp deems it safe to open the offices, employees will have an option to continue to work remotely or in-office. All employees must reside in Washington, Florida, North Carolina, Nevada, Texas, Tennessee, whether working remotely full time or in an OfferUp Office location.
OfferUp is looking for a Staff Fullstack Engineer to join the Client Team as we disrupt the local mobile marketplace. The Client Team is responsible for the OfferUp iOS and Android Apps, Website, and Apollo GraphQL middle tier services. As a Staff Fullstack Engineer on the Client team, you will play a key role in one of the top five most popular shopping apps for the last three years running.
- Develop, Own, and Manage the OfferUp client apps, website, and services using technologies such as React, React Native, and Apollo GraphQL.
- Manage individual sprint priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams (UX, Backend, Merchants, Discovery, Integrity) to design and implement new features.
- Support, mentor, and help other engineers in the team, as well as drive engineering and operational excellence.
- 8+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience with front-end development: Web, iOS or Android
- 3+ years of experience developing web / backend services
- 3+ years of experience working on client applications using React and React Native
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- Experience leading teams/mentoring other engineers
- Knowledge in web and app optimization performance, and design patterns e.g. responsive design vs optimized design
- Experience developing cross-platform apps and cross-browser websites
- Excellent communication skill, ability to work independently or work with a cross-functional team
Helpful, but not required:
- Experience with GraphQL and Apollo
- Experience with web servers like NodeJS, NextJS, Express and web package managers
- Strong coding skills in native mobile programming languages like Java, Objective-C, Kotlin, Swift
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, CloudFlare)
- SEO experience is a plus
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally...Come join the team and take the ride of your life! To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.