OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
- 85M+ Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
About the role:
OfferUp is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to be a founding member of our new Miami, FL office. This is a unique opportunity to build an entire team from ground-up and lay out the overall billing strategy. The team builds systems and tools to support subscriptions, pricing plans, payments and invoicing.
You will foster an engineering culture focussed on learning and rapid validation of ideas through experimentation. As an engineering leader you will support the career growth and development of our engineers. You will also collaborate with our product, design, SRE, data science teams to design and improve our customer experience.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Build and lead engineering team in achieving a high level of technical quality, reliability, and ease-of-use
- Own, oversee, and delegate the design, architecture, development, testing, deployment, and delivery of large-scale software applications, systems, platforms, services or technologies.
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with OfferUp’s recruiting team
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Champion operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
- Work closely with BizOps, Product, CX, UX in establishing our billing strategy
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- 7+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 2+ hands-on management experience
- A track record of partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
- Been actively involved in setting product strategy
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Understanding of Agile Process
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Information Systems/Technology, Information Science, or a related discipline
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken (fluency in English required)
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Helpful, but not required:
- Experience with marketplaces or payments
- Experience writing code in Python or Java
- Experience in building microservices
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure)
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.