OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
- 85M+ Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
About the role:
Are you a customer-focused Product Manager and want to work at one of Seattle’s most successful startups? OfferUp is seeking a Senior/Principal Product Manager who is passionate about building tools and online platforms out of our Miami office to help merchants be successful at OfferUp.
In this role you will drive product vision, strategy, development and execution across a number of products and teams.
You must be a highly motivated person with an entrepreneurial mindset, and a history of success leading a cross-functional team in a fast-paced, data-driven environment. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! The position is located in our Miami office and will interact constantly with our team in Seattle.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Partner with engineering, data science, marketing, biz ops and other product groups to develop product roadmap, prioritization, and deliver on business goals
- Own strategy, roadmap, go-to-market, and execution across our merchant platform products
- Drive business results, and track and analyze key data to deliver actionable insights
- Evaluate and prioritize every feature request for the merchant platforms, gather detailed business requirements from business owners and translate requirements into user narratives that can be implemented by our tech teams
- Drive the development of tools and features that help merchants become successful on OfferUp
You’ll thrive in this role if you are:
- Customer obsessed. You have a track record of starting with the customer and work backward, diving deep into customer problems, finding solutions, and delivering results
- Passionate about pursuing excellence together. You have strong teamwork skills and proven ability to partner across an organization to get stuff done
- Able to own and reduce the most complex problems into the simplest solutions. Simplicity is a core pillar at OfferUp that helps us to execute fast and remain nimble
What you’ve done:
- 5+ years of product management or related experience
- Technical education (CS, EE, etc.), or experience building online merchant products or eCommerce products is required
- Strong architectural understanding of APIs, mobile and web products
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills and data-informed approach
- Experience integrating multi-channel listers for eCommerce merchants highly desirable
- Experience building plugin integrations into platforms such as shopify highly desirable
Helpful, but not required:
- MBA degree
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.