OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
- 85M+ Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
About the role:
Are you a customer-focused Program Specialist and want to work at one of Seattle’s most successful startups? OfferUp is seeking a Program Specialist skilled in both technical and operational project management, and who is passionate about delivering results while advocating customer experience.
In this role, you will support and assist engineering teams’ projects and agile ceremonies, ensure our organization's strategic direction is reflected in projects, and help provide the means and tools for OfferUp to successfully manage projects.
You’ll remove obstacles, communicate progress to all stakeholders and ensure the big picture stays in focus while diving into the details on specific issues. You'll develop a broad understanding of the business in order to drive alignment across teams. You must be a highly organized person with a history of success partnering with cross-functional stakeholders to organize and connect others.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Participate and assist in managing agile ceremonies for scrum teams
- Connect cross-functional teams to identify dependencies and remove obstacles
- Look around corners, ask the right questions, and resolve or escalate blockers
- Capture and manage risks and escalations as needed to drive ongoing progress
- Perform ongoing communication, reporting, scheduling and logistics
- Coordinate reporting, review, and communication rhythms
- Contribute to cross-functional reviews, and engage with key stakeholders
- Capture high level requirements and descriptions of solutions defined and delivered by the program, working with business stakeholders, domain subject matter experts, and engineering teams
- Hold owners accountable for their commitments
You’ll thrive in this role if you are:
- A team player, see the value in connecting people and enabling others around you to be successful
- Highly organized and able to roll up your sleeves and jump in
- Flexible, humble, and have great judgement. A dash of humor always helps
- Great at spotting issues, and adept at managing relationships up, down, and across organizations
- Adaptable, resilient and eager to tackle unfamiliar situations with curiosity and tenacity
What you’ve done:
- 3+ years program or project management experience
- Worked in and managed resources in an agile environment
- Experience in tech, preferably in a consumer or e-commerce product
- Adept at leading solution-focused discussions, brainstorms, and working sessions
- Experience building, coordinating, and maintaining schedules across multiple teams
- Comfortable conversing with both technical and operational stakeholders
- Developed and delivered project documentation, supporting materials, and project plans to internal teams and senior leaders throughout the project lifecycle
- Skilled in written and verbal communication
Helpful, but not required:
- PMP certification
- Scrum or agile certification
- Experience managing Jira and Confluence
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.