OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
- 85M+ Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
Are you a detailed-oriented Accountant and want to work at one of Seattle’s most successful startups? OfferUp is seeking a Senior Payroll Specialist to perform a wide range of duties, primarily focused on payroll and compliance. This is a great opportunity for someone with a strong attention to detail and dedication to ensuring our employees are paid timely and accurately. As a Senior Payroll Specialist, you will thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy building out processes and procedures to support our growth.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Acting as a Senior Payroll Specialist, you’ll perform all related tasks associated with the processing of payroll, recording journal entries and reconciliation of liability accounts
- Owning funds, reconciles, and analyzes all employee benefit and insurance accounts such as FSA/HSA, Medical, Dental and Vision
- Completing month-end close responsibilities including preparing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules
- Tracks and maintains organization 401(k) program, maintaining participant files, loan deductions and payments, coordinates contribution payment processes with Accounts Payable
- Collaborates with HR, Accounting, Finance, and all employees across the company to resolve payroll issues and act as an employee resource
- Assist with sales tax compliance utilizing Avalara software
- Assist with state and local tax filings
You’ll thrive in this role if you are:
- An excellent communicator and enjoy building relationships
- Previous experience processing payroll
- Comfortable with challenging the status quo
What you’ve done:
- 3+ years of progressive accounting experience
- You know Excel on an intermediate to advanced level
- Worked (and thrived) in a dynamic and fast-changing environment
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.