From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and help more people discover value right where they are.
At a Glance
- 85+ Million Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
OfferUp is seeking a Sr. Business Development Manager to lead the charge in its B2B e-commerce Vertical. This role is pivotal in establishing strategic relationships with leading multichannel listers and e-commerce solutions providers with the intent of driving professional merchants (“sellers”) onto the OfferUp’s market-leading mobile marketplace.
As a member of the OfferUp business development team, you will own key partnerships and strategic alliances that drive OfferUp's interests. You will be responsible for identifying opportunities and efficiently negotiating, launching and managing deal terms with premium partners across different e-commerce verticals. Internally, you will work with functions that cut across the organization including technology, partner integration and customer service, to drive great customer experience for our partners and customers alike.
The ideal candidate will exhibit a strategic mindset focusing on long-term benefits for OfferUp and our partners, strong analytical as well as interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, innovative climate. The role will require expertise both in internal team project management as well as working with leaders at major companies to strengthen partner relations and obsess over customer experience. You will:
- Scout the e-commerce space, navigating existing and prospective scaling partners to identify what services and tools will make using OfferUp a compelling marketplace for merchants to list their items.
- Source new scaling partners and merchants, turning them from prospects or skeptics to highly successful and satisfied partners on OfferUp platform.
- Structure the process to scale up operations from yourself to a high-performing team.
This role reports to the Head of Business Development, is based in Bellevue, WA, and requires up to 25% domestic travel.
What you will do:
Maximizing partnerships as well as conceptualizing new potential within partner segments, developing scalable business development strategies and driving for results for OfferUp and our partners.
- Help create the future of B2B and B2C commerce at OfferUp.
- Identify, recruit, and manage new scaling partners and professional merchants (including Big Box Retailers like Home Depot, Lowes, Wal-Mart and Target) for OfferUp.
- Manage existing merchant partnerships and identify new segments by becoming an expert in their strategy/needs.
- Contribute to the business development team strategy.
- Own annual monetization, engagement and agreement objectives. This will include vendor management and negotiation with the goal to materially drive down costs for those products and services the enterprise procures from external parties.
- Negotiate long-term, strategic deal terms and create simplified solutions for integration of partner and merchant experiences onto OfferUp marketplaces and manage ongoing performance.
- Collaborate with Product, Research, and Business Operations to ensure the learnings from the field are incorporated into the overall business direction
- Lead, track, and report on all prospecting activity and results
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- 7 or more years of Business Development with a tech company serving e-commerce and physical retailers of all sizes (from SMBs to Big Box Retailers)
- Self-starter, competitive, optimistic, and confident; you love to win
- Proven experience conceptualizing, driving and closing large strategic alliances and partnerships
- Experience working in Business Development or Product Marketing or Account Management in B2B customer-facing roles
- Ability to influence and negotiate with C-level executives.
- Experience in e-commerce ecosystem (platforms, marketplaces,
- Keen understanding of marketing models, especially affiliate marketing.
- Ability to establish credibility and work with business and technical owners.
- Excellent relationship management, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to a quickly changing, fast-paced environment
- Resourceful and adaptable, and can identify creative solutions that may not be “how it is done” in this space
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally...Come do work that matters. join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.