OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
- 85M+ Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
About the role:
OfferUp is seeking an experienced Account Executive to lead the charge in its Auto Vertical. This role is pivotal in defining our offering for auto dealerships across the country and creating a significant book of satisfied customers. This is an exciting opportunity for the confident, self-starter salesperson who likes to navigate unchartered territory and influence the entire sales strategy and product for an entire company.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- 50-80 calls a day in order to secure new business by selling Licensed Auto Dealers to the OfferUp Automotive Program.
- Grow revenue base from scratch, by identifying and closing new business from cold calling
- Provide exemplary customer service to all Auto Dealers
- Research and prospect new customers in targeted territories
- Discover the path to successfully selling to a variety of car dealers (from independent, to franchise up to nationwide chains)
- Onboard new customers, and provide support for customer issue resolution
- Collaborate with Product, Research, and Business Operations to ensure the learnings from the field are incorporated into the overall business direction
- Lead, track, and report on all prospecting activity and results in our CRM (Salesforce.com)
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- Demonstrated track record of selling high $ marketing/advertising services over the phone is valued
- Experience in a short sell cycle is highly preferred – the ability to one-call close experience
- 2-4 years of Business Development, Inside Sales or Account Management experience with a tech company serving brick-and-mortar customers
- Competitive drive, optimism and confidence
- Demonstrated proficiency in prospecting and hunting for new clients
- Versed in the art of selling to busy, no-nonsense business owners while developing relationships for the long-term
- Resourceful and adaptable, and can identify creative solutions that may not be “how it is done” in this space
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Helpful, but not required:
- Spanish-speaking a big plus
- Knowledge of the automotive dealer industry
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.