From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and help more people discover value right where they are.
At a Glance
- 85+ Million Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
OfferUp is seeking a highly motivated and customer obsessed UX Designer with an aptitude for distilling complex inputs into simple models and systems. You will be joining a highly collaborative, agile, creative UX design and research team that is making a big impact on our customers and our business. There is a huge opportunity in this role to gain experience with utilizing deep customer insights to drive design explorations, designing across multiple platforms, and designing both business and consumer products.
Our ideal candidate is driven - you have a bias for action and can ramp up quickly on new customers and domains. You endlessly pursue simplification - taking complex problems and seeking the simplest experience for our customers. You are also highly adaptable - you can collaborate with multiple disciplines, jump in on new projects, and quickly pivot based on new information and opportunities.
- Work with UX Researchers and PMs to develop a deep understanding of our customers, problems to solve, competitor experiences, and opportunities for differentiation.
- Develop an informed, data driven point of view on attributes of a best in class experience.
- Follow an iterative, user centered design process progressing from wireframes to design prototypes.
- Obtain customer feedback to drive design iteration through online testing and customer interviews.
- Work closely with engineering to understand constraints and come up with customer centric solutions.
- Partner closely with fellow designers and researchers to create system level components, ensure holistic customer experiences across end points and across the customer journey, and contribute to collaborative design reviews and work sessions.
- Lead internal reviews of design explorations, including articulation of customer problems and rationale for your design choices.
- Masters or Bachelors degree in design, HCI, or similar discipline.
- Proven ability to design, prototype, and test solutions end to end.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Invision, and user research / testing tools (e.g. usertesting.com)
- Demonstrated ability to create simple solutions from complex problems.
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions.
- Experience designing for mobile and web.
- 1-3 years experience as a UX Designer
- Retail and e-Commerce design experience
- Familiarity with the technical considerations required when designing for multiple devices
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally...Come do work that matters. join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.