From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and help more people discover value right where they are.
At a Glance
- 85+ Million Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
About The Role
OfferUp’s Head of Employee Experience is responsible for cultivating all aspects of the employee life cycle. Through strategic development and execution of Employee Experience initiatives, you support and drive business results, foster manager success, and increase employee engagement and retention. As a critical leader at OfferUp, you act as a business partner to the CEO, COO, and the broader executive team, you provide guidance and structure to all employees, and you lead the Employee Experience team.
The ideal candidate is a strategic collaborator who serves as a business partner to OfferUp leadership. You are a smart, data-driven decision maker, who is great at hiring and developing a great team, and takes professional pride in operational excellence, while meeting and exceeding stretch goals. You are highly adaptable -- having been successful in meeting the demands of a big company as well as being scrappy and hands-on in a start-up. In addition, you have a passion for people development, and are driven to grow and scale OfferUp forward through the inevitable ups and downs of an earlier stage tech company.
This is a full-time, exempt position based out of our Bellevue headquarters location reporting to the COO (Chief Operating Officer).
This position will be responsible for:
- Strategic leader of the Employee Experience team, setting our employees up for success to deliver our business goals.
- Partner with colleagues and leaders to create, communicate, and implement programs and initiatives aligned to business strategy in the areas of employee value proposition, employer brand, recruitment, total rewards, performance management, recognition, engagement, career development, diversity, and employee relations.
- Establish appropriate and effective systems, metrics, and processes to ensure that the HR operations and recruiting organization are able to track and report on activities and meet SLAs.
- Manage compensation and benefits strategy and administration.
- Act as a champion for OfferUp’s mission, vision, and values and partner across the company to drive a high-performance work environment.
- Continuously assess regulatory and compliance risk and ensure appropriate policies and procedures, working closely with the general counsel.
- Oversee recruiting, including managing and meeting staffing/hiring objectives, championing and leading a behavior-based interview process that continually raises the bar on our talent, managing related processes such as immigration, while ensuring that we deliver the best candidate experience.
- Performance Management: lead the strategy and implementation of effective systems and practices of performance management, including regular performance reviews, organizational leadership reviews, succession planning, performance improvement plan management, and managing and meeting objectives for rates of attrition.
- Training and Development: lead the strategy and implementation for training and development programs that are appropriate to the needs and scale of OfferUp. Develop scrappy approaches to meeting our objectives (e.g. energize and leverage the skills, talent, and time of the OfferUp management team rather than hiring expensive consultants).
- Establish and manage objectives and practices to enable OfferUp to meet its goals for building and maintaining a diverse workforce.
- Investigate and resolve employee relations issues when necessary.
- You have 10+ years of applicable People & Culture / Human Resources leadership experience in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- You have a proven track record of setting a vision and strategy for an HR function or group, and driving solutions and practices that are both innovative and scrappy.
- Experience managing multiple HR functions and successful people teams that deliver high quality results on schedule.
- You have a combination of experience working with large companies that have established best of class HR processes and practices as well as working with early stage technology companies and leaders.
- You are able to dive deep into your team’s processes and problems and you manage using data; establishing clear metrics and reports.
- You have experience in establishing operational excellence and driving change management across an organization.
- You are a strong leader of people who has a track record for identifying, attracting, developing and retaining a talented diverse team of HR professionals. You are a leader who inspires ideas, encourages test & learn, and takes well thought out risks.
- You are flexible yet thoughtful in your strategic decision making, striking the right balance between advocating for our business and our employees.
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally...Come do work that matters. join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.