From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and help more people discover value right where they are.
At a Glance
- 85+ Million Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
The OfferUp Mobile Development Team is looking for a Senior iOS Developer to join us as we disrupt the local mobile marketplace.
As a Senior Engineer on the Promoted Products team, you will own and execute projects from idea to delivery, lead architecture discussions, do regular code reviews, and mentor others as our team solves new and complex challenges. You’ll be responsible for working with our UI/UX, Product, iOS/AD Developers,backend and Biz ops experts to come up with new efficient solutions/ iterate on existing ones. You share our passion for design and have a strong background in mobile development including a portfolio of iOS applications.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features and/or iterations of existing features
- Develops, tests, releases and documents applications using best software engineering practices to ensure timely service delivery and ease of maintenance
- Continuously discovers, evaluates, and implements new technologies/best practices to maximize development efficiency
- Helps maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Collaborate if needed with third party providers, and evaluate/debug/implement 3rd party SDKs.
- Provide mentorship to other team members, and create solutions and/or frameworks that make other team members better and faster
- Identify, track and find solutions to software defects identified both internally and externally
- 6+ years of professional software engineering experience, of which at least 3 years were devoted to iOS/Mac development.
- Exceptional self-management skills during the execution of complex problems and tasks
- You desire a fast moving, continuous flow development environment
- Be comfortable with tools deploying and testing iOS apps
- Experienced with Agile development
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related discipline
- You are highly organized and detail oriented
- Eligible to work in the United States
Nice to have
- Swift experience a plus
- Working knowledge of eCommerce payment systems
- Github repo with your own code we can view
- Existing Apps in the App Store
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally...Come do work that matters. join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.