From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and help more people discover value right where they are.
At a Glance
- 85+ Million Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
We are looking for experienced Software Engineers to join our Backend Engineering Team. You solve problems by building things, and have a knack for efficient use of data structures and algorithms for performant services. You convert big ideas into practical designs. You don't just know the latest technology; you understand how to use it and why it exists. You will make an impact on a fast-moving, rapidly iterating engineering team; building core backend services and features for the OfferUp application.
- Coding in Java and/or Python
- Collaborate with front-end developers (iOS, Android, Web), on building new features, and iterating on existing features
- Dedicated to optimizing the performance and scalability of the OfferUp infrastructure as the service continues to grow
- Creation and implementation of significant portions of the OfferUp infrastructure
- Work with the Product Managers to design and implement new features for the OfferUp Application
- 5+ years professional software engineering experience
- Demonstrate strong coding skills in any one of the following - Java, Python, C/C++, Golang, Scala, PHP (or equivalent programming language)
- Excellent knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Information Systems/Technology, Information Science, or a related discipline
- Experience with building highly scalable web services
- Be comfortable designing services on top of a cloud infrastructure like AWS
- Above all, an insatiable desire and ability to learn
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally...Come do work that matters. join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.