From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the US. We connect millions of people every day, but we’re still as committed as ever to the founding mission: to build the simplest, most trustworthy local marketplace. We help bring people together in their communities to exchange value, and we think that exchange is the foundation for a kind of commerce that redefines what “value” really means. In our world, the things we buy and sell are just the primer for the really important stuff, like meeting our neighbors, getting more connected to the places we live and the things that live with us, and creating a marketplace where everyone has something to offer.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to help lead one of our Core Marketplace teams. The Core Marketplace team is responsible for building the listing, searching and buying experience at OfferUp along with partnering with other teams to support our growth and safety strategy. This team owns critical services like chat, feed, search, notifications etc.
In this role, you will lead a high functioning team of backend/frontend engineers. You will foster an engineering culture focussed on learning and rapid validation of ideas through experimentation. As an engineering leader you will support the career growth and development of our engineers. You will also collaborate with our product, design, SRE, data science teams to design and improve our customer experience.
- Build and lead engineering team in achieving a high level of technical quality, reliability, and ease-of-use
- Own, oversee, and delegate the design, architecture, development, testing, deployment, and delivery of large-scale software applications, systems, platforms, services or technologies.
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with OfferUp's recruiting team
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Champion operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
- Operate strategically and tactically
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- 7+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 2+ hands-on management experience
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
- Been actively involved in setting product strategy
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally...Come join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.