From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the US. We connect millions of people every day, but we’re still as committed as ever to the founding mission: to build the simplest, most trustworthy local marketplace. We help bring people together in their communities to exchange value, and we think that exchange is the foundation for a kind of commerce that redefines what “value” really means. In our world, the things we buy and sell are just the primer for the really important stuff, like meeting our neighbors, getting more connected to the places we live and the things that live with us, and creating a marketplace where everyone has something to offer.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
OfferUp is seeking an experienced Sales Manager to grow its Autos business. This role is pivotal in defining our offering for sellers across the country and creating a significant book of satisfied customers.
You should be able to lead and motivate a sales team to achieve specific goals. You will communicate deadlines and sales goals to leadership.
- Establish a scalable sales process/framework
- While always placing the customer first, lead the team to Drive Results by executing daily, weekly, and monthly targets in support of operating objectives
- Support development of territory plans and report on them monthly
- Lead and inspire a growing organization comprised of Inside Account Executives focused on customer acquisition
- Hire and develop Account Executives and possibly leaders to support continued aggressive growth
- Understand and mechanize the inputs and outputs of the business
- Constantly strive to increase the team around talent, execution, process design, goals, and incentives
- Partner with Sales Operations, Product, and Marketing to test, measure, and execute acquisition ideas
- Take an ownership role in the continued build-out and documentation of infrastructure and process of acquiring and on-boarding Verified Dealers, balancing strong and standard execution with Simplification.
- Present results in weekly and monthly Business Review meetings to key internal stakeholders and executives
- 3-5+ years sales management and/or operations experience, including front line or second level leadership roles
- Extensive experience with Salesforce or comparable CRM
- In-depth understanding of the sales process
- Strong team management, analytical, and organizational skills
- Problem-solving mindset
- Exceptional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, on multiple projects
Nice to have:
- Ad sales, SMB, Startup experience
- Ability to prioritize and demonstrate relentless discipline in achieving goals
- Proven ability to influence others
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Expert use of MS Office Suite, CRMs (e.g. Salesforce.com) and other systems
- Knowledge of Automotive Dealerships
Come do work that matters. Join a team that believes when we all work together, we get more out of things.
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.