Founded in 2007 by the creators of Kali Linux, OffSec (formerly known as Offensive Security) is the leading provider of continuous professional and workforce development, training, and education for cybersecurity practitioners. OffSec’s distinct pedagogy and practical, hands-on learning help organizations fill the infosec talent gap by training their teams on today’s most critical skills.
Become a part of our global presence and work from anywhere. With team members in over 40 countries, we believe in inspiring people of all backgrounds and communities. The OffSec team is composed of diverse, internationally published authors, conference speakers, and seasoned information technology professionals from both the private sector and governments worldwide.
Excited about our mission and what we do? Apply and join us!
About the Job
Are you an experienced Senior UX/UI Designer eager to showcase your talents? Do you thrive on transforming project concepts into real-world experiences, continuously refining your design expertise? We invite you to join our dynamic and diverse team on a global scale as we work passionately to advance the field of cybersecurity. As a vital member of our team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with highly skilled professionals, collectively creating cutting-edge solutions that captivate and delight a broad spectrum of customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce the experience vision for the OffSec Learning Platform. Understanding how OffSec Learners want to interact with the platform and visualizing how the Platform can deliver the best learning experience to them.
- Develop platform principles, standards, and experience guard rails to ensure a cohesive and purposeful end-to-end platform experience
- Act as the UX expert and advisor to the rest of the organization on those principles, standards, and best practices
- Plan and implement new designs for our online learning platform, public-facing site, and collaterals
- Build and manage a design system, in close collaboration with fellow senior and junior designers on the team
- Collaborate with the UX Lead to define design strategies, objectives, and design principles for the product team.
- Optimize existing user interface designs
- Communicate efficiently with stakeholders to understand their business goals and objectives
- Develop and refine the information architecture for the product, ensuring content and navigation are intuitive.
- Design interactive elements and micro-interactions to enhance the overall user experience.
- Create high-fidelity mockups for mobile device screens, ensuring a seamless experience across platforms.
- Understand technical and business requirements and always strive to deliver intuitive and user-centered solutions
- Combine creativity with an awareness of design elements
- Create prototypes for new product ideas
- Plan and conduct usability testing to validate design decisions and gather user feedback for improvements.
- Conduct ongoing user research to understand the needs, behaviors, and preferences of the target audience.
- Collect and share user insights with stakeholders through personas, user journeys, and empathy mappings
- Proactively seek and incorporate feedback from users, stakeholders, and team members into design iterations.
- Closely work with development teams to implement design requirements and maintain design system consistency
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the junior designer, offering support and opportunities for skill development.
- Prepare detailed design documentation, style guides, and design systems to facilitate efficient development.
- 7 years of experience as a UI-UX Designer or similar role
- Knowledge of Figma and Adobe range of products including XD, Photoshop and Illustrator
- UX case studies portoflio
- UI design portfolio of select projects
- Knowledge of Usability Factors in Human-Computer Interaction.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to discuss and explain design options and articulate decisions
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinker
- Problem solver and customer-centered
- Proactive and easily adaptable to fast-changing priorities
Work Location and Hours
This role is a full-time salaried position. It is a fully remote position. Work hours for this position are flexible and will be performed from a home office.
This position has no direct reports.