Founded in 2007 by the creators of Kali Linux, OffSec (formerly known as Offensive Security) is the leading provider of continuous professional and workforce development, training, and education for cybersecurity practitioners. OffSec’s distinct pedagogy and practical, hands-on learning help organizations fill the infosec talent gap by training their teams on today’s most critical skills.
Become a part of our global presence and work from anywhere. With team members in over 40 countries, we believe in inspiring people of all backgrounds and communities. The OffSec team is composed of diverse, internationally published authors, conference speakers, and seasoned information technology professionals from both the private sector and governments worldwide.
Excited about our mission and what we do? Apply and join us
About the Job
Are you a UI/UX Developer looking for the opportunity to show the world your skills? To be a part of a team taking project ideas from paper to reality, while honing your craft along the way? We are looking for a Front End Developer to join our fun, energetic, and global team, who are running at full speed to help educate and secure the world in cybersecurity. You'll be able to collaborate with skilled team members to craft innovative solutions that attract and delight customers of all types.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop software solutions by identifying user and system requirements for a new customer-facing, high-traffic, e-commerce web platform
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Propose and enforce best practices for the software development lifecycle
- Propose coding standards and guidelines for the team to follow and enforce them through the code review process
- Mentor software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- Collaborate and brainstorm to create new innovative ideas and solutions
- Design with a user-centric, security-first mindset
- Work with DevOps team to follow development best practices using CI/CD pipeline
- Performs technical analysis to support the effective and efficient development efforts
- Writes code for key modules of the platform
- Write unit tests to for individual code functionality
- Communicates on project/task status clearly and effectively with the management team, development team, and project managers
- Moves fast, bias towards action, follows the cycle of coding, iterating, testing, deploying and optimizing websites
- Other duties as needed
Required Technical Skills:
- At least 3 years or more of experience with modern frameworks such as Vue.js and/or React.js
- At least 3 years or more of experience working with Front End Development technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, ES6
- At least 3 years or more of hands on experience and understanding of Microservice architecture based on 12-Factor application development practices
- Experience working with GIT versioning and best security and development practices
Required Soft Skills:
- Ability to manage your time effectively, with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to think critically, be creative, research answers to solve problems independently using strong analytical skills and the “Try Harder” mindset
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally in English
- Willingness to work collaboratively with team members demonstrating a team player mindset
Preferred or Nice to Haves:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Hands on experience working with MySQL
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with Python/Django
- Experience with SEO optimization
- Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques
Work Location and Hours
This role is a full-time salaried position. It is a fully remote position located in the Philippines. Work hours for this position are flexible and will be performed from a home office.
The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer screen, extensive reading, and visual inspection involving small defects. This is sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 lbs of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
This position has no direct reports.
OffSec provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.