ODK Media, Inc. is an online streaming media service provider. Our platforms, OnDemandKorea.com and OnDemandChina.com are leading destinations for Asian entertainment. We create an amazing experience that celebrates the best of Asian entertainment, technology, and culture.
We are currently looking for a Human Resources Manager who will be managing all HR functions for our South Korea Branch. This position will maintain and enhance the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. Ability to work autonomously in HR operation while working collaboratively with the Headquarter office in US.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Manage general administration functions to support the office
- Hiring, Human Resources Management, Benefits Administration, Performance Management, Communication Processes, Compensation and Wage Structure, Supports Diversity, Classifying Employees, South Korea Employment Law, Laws Against Sexual Harassment, Organization
- Bi-lingual in Korean and English (Ability to communicate with HQ in US)
- Extensive experience in a start-up and/or IT/Engineering Sector (Experience in Media Industry is a plus)
- Ability to provide creative ideas and solutions to existing HR challenges and road blocks
- Keen knowledge on South Korea employment laws and regulations