Odeko is on a mission to champion your neighborhood cafes, local coffee shops, and bakeries through technology. Whether we’re saving small business owners 10 hours a week with our AI-backed supply platform, reducing CO2 emissions with overnight deliveries, or developing a user experience that makes every new customer feel like a regular, Odeko supports our small business partners from open to close. Your local coffee shops and cafes are the backbone of any given community, and we’re here to help manage the day-to-day tasks with a platform so intuitive, it’s kinda like magic.
What we’re looking for:
At Odeko, Fullstack Engineers are responsible for highly scalable systems that connect our various internal and external applications together and that automate the manual processes that are the building blocks of our supply chain. Engineers at Odeko are curious, collaborative, technically accomplished, and passionate about building things that matter to people.
This is a position within our Marketplace group. Our mission is to build the most powerful platform connecting small businesses to vendors of every kind, starting with cafe centric food products. We already power the distribution of supplies for tens of thousands of cafes, making it as easy as ordering things overnight from Amazon. The Merchandising Pod has the added focus to create the system that manages all the metadata for our catalog of products and the recommendation algorithms that can be built from that metadata.
- You want to have an enormous impact within an organization and in the wider world.
- You believe in agile processes that iteratively build software with strong hypotheses and data-backed experiments.
- You like to understand “the why” and “for who” in order to critically think about what to do.
- You have a strong desire to own and solve complex problems.
- You have a knack for getting things done and creatively pushing past blockers.
- You have a collaborative nature that makes working with others fun.
- You primarily want to be an IC in a rapidly growing company with room to grow.
- You like working with product folks as well as engineers.
- 8+ years of software development experience building highly scalable SaaS applications end to end.
- Expert knowledge of GraphQL and Kafka. AWS, React and Typescript is a plus.
- Have successfully led development efforts of high complexity and scope (spanning a year or more).
- Have worked on e-commerce applications and understand their specific complexities.
- Proven experience building microservice oriented infrastructure and APIs.
- Ability to influence and mentor others. Leading by influence and example.
In addition, the Marketplace group supports and sunsets a set of Vue.js properties backed by a Ruby on Rails REST API. Experience in that scenario is desirable. Some integration with distributed third-party systems - such as payment gateways, ERPs, and MRPs - is also part of Marketplace's remit and experience there is a plus.
What you’ll love about Odeko:
- Fast-paced environment and growth opportunities - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and enhance your career!
- Competitive compensation, healthcare benefits, and opportunity for equity
- Other great perks - Full lists of benefits available upon request
Odeko is proud to be a diverse, equitable, and inclusive employer. We encourage all to apply regardless of educational background, race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.