Odeko is on a mission to champion your neighborhood cafes, local coffee shops, and bakeries through technology. Whether we’re saving small business owners 10 hours a week with our AI-backed supply platform, reducing CO2 emissions with overnight deliveries, or developing a user experience that makes every new customer feel like a regular, Odeko supports our small business partners from open to close. Your local coffee shops and cafes are the backbone of any given community, and we’re here to help manage the day-to-day tasks with a platform so intuitive, it’s kinda like magic.
What we’re looking for:
At Odeko, Frontend Engineers are responsible for the creation of user experiences that are at the core of how we help our customers and our customer’s customers. They work on both web and mobile platforms across multiple highly visible products and are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries of UX and UI. Engineers at Odeko are curious, collaborative, technically accomplished, and passionate about building things that matter to people.
This is a position within our Marketplace group. Our mission is to build the most powerful platform connecting small businesses to vendors of every kind, starting with cafe centric food products. We already power the distribution of supplies for tens of thousands of cafes, making it as easy as ordering things overnight from Amazon. The Money Pod has the added focus to create the system that dynamically prices our products given a variety of inputs and like the name implies, collects money.
- You want to have an enormous impact within an organization and in the wider world.
- You believe in agile processes that iteratively build software with strong hypotheses and data-backed experiments.
- You like to understand “the why” and “for who” in order to critically think about what to do.
- You have a strong desire to own and solve complex problems.
- You have a knack for getting things done and creatively pushing past blockers.
- You have a collaborative nature that makes working with others fun.
- You primarily want to be an IC in a rapidly growing company with room to grow.
- You like working with design and product folks as well as engineers.
- You have strong UX and aesthetic sensibilities.
- 5+ years of software development experience building highly scalable front-end SaaS or enterprise applications.
- Have successfully led development efforts of high complexity and scope (spanning up to several months).
- Have worked on financial/e-commerce applications and understand their specific complexities.
- Ability to mentor and teach others.
In addition, the Marketplace group supports and sunsets a set of Vue.js properties backed by a Ruby on Rails REST API. Experience in that scenario is desirable. Some integration with distributed third-party systems - such as payment gateways, ERPs, and MRPs - is also part of Marketplace's remit and experience there is a plus.
What you’ll love about Odeko:
- Fast-paced environment and growth opportunities - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and enhance your career!
- Competitive compensation, healthcare benefits, and opportunity for equity
- Other great perks - Full lists of benefits available upon request
Odeko is proud to be a diverse, equitable, and inclusive employer. We encourage all to apply regardless of educational background, race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.