Odeko is on a mission to champion your neighborhood cafes, local coffee shops, and bakeries through technology. Whether we’re saving small business owners 10 hours a week with our AI-backed supply platform, reducing CO2 emissions with overnight deliveries, or developing a user experience that makes every new customer feel like a regular, Odeko supports our small business partners from open to close. Your local coffee shops and cafes are the backbone of any given community, and we’re here to help manage the day-to-day tasks with a platform so intuitive, it’s kinda like magic.
We are hiring a General Manager of Operations who will lead people, processes, and systems at our Denver fulfillment center and adjoining wholesale bakery.
You will drive delivery of all targeted business plan metrics across safety, productivity, quality, cost, delivery, and people at your site in pursuit of our customer promise. You will create and build upon operational plans, drive a mind-set and culture of continuous improvement through Kaizen and Lean initiatives and sustain a culture of learning and development. At an individual level, you will contribute to site, regional and global initiatives, tackling complex problems that affect customers and work to resolve them with innovative solutions. This role is in person and the ideal candidate will have current food safety knowledge and certifications.
Scope of Work
- Lead a Fulfillment Center by managing in-house logistics of a pick/pack and final mile delivery operation
- Oversee the adjoined bakery ensuring high levels of food safety, productivity, and customer satisfaction
- Manage delivery of all targeted Business Plan metrics across productivity, quality, cost, safety, and people
- Drive staff planning, schedules, quality initiatives, and process change initiatives
- Maintain a complete leadership overview and thorough understanding of inventory
- Internally interface with cross-functional partners to implement change and/or develop new processes
- Continuously measure and evaluate the departmental goals and all work processes
- Manage a team of warehouses associates, bakery associates, and delivery drivers, ensuring quality performance that leads to high customer satisfaction
- Maintain health and safety standards within the area and promote a positive health and safety culture on site.
- Manage a team of employees within a demanding, fast-paced/time-critical and multiple product line environments including local delivery, e-commerce, and freshly made baked goods
- Carry out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
- Work effectively with support staff (HR, Financial Manager, Safety & Loss Prevention Manager, IT Manager and Engineering) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Five -seven (5-7) years of high level warehouse management experience
- Extensive knowledge of warehouse monitoring systems
- Strong leadership capabilities and the drive to push your team to excellence
- Tech savvy and adaptable to new technological processes
- Experience with onboarding, hiring, and training new employees
- Deep knowledge of Food Safety, PCQI certification and experience with HACCP plans preferred
What you’ll love about Odeko:
- Fast-paced environment and growth opportunities - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and enhance your career!
- Competitive compensation, healthcare benefits, and opportunity for equity
- Other great perks - Full lists of benefits available upon request
Odeko is proud to be a diverse, equitable, and inclusive employer. We encourage all to apply regardless of educational background, race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.