Who We Are:
Here at Odeko, we believe that humans achieve more when they control their own destiny. That’s why we’re creating best-in-class solutions that empower small businesses to realize their big dreams -- starting with our mobile ordering app and supply chain management service. With Odeko, coffee shops and cafés can increase their revenue, lower their expenses, and reduce their environmental footprint effortlessly.
We’re a passionate team of dreamers and builders, determined to liberate small businesses from the not-so-fun aspects of the job so that they can focus on what’s fun and important.
Our engineering team lives and breathes ownership and personal growth daily. As a member of our team, you will have the full support of leadership and your engineering teammates to grow and develop in a way that fits and drives you. We provide a safe and judgement free zone to learn. Over the years, we’ve watched our team members step into leadership roles, learn to use functional programming languages, and contribute to back-end services as a mobile engineer (and vice versa). We can’t wait to see what the future holds for our team.
What we’re looking for:
“We Run on Data” is one of the core values at Odeko. The Data Engineering team’s purpose and mission is to build innovative capabilities which empower Odeko to cultivate a data driven culture and lead through data driven decision making. In pursuit of this mission, Data Engineering team members conceive and implement solutions that weave disparate data elements into a connected data fabric facilitating the distillation of information required for effective decision making by various business units.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about data and building tools to unleash the power of data. As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and engineering tools, techniques and capabilities that help the team achieve its mission and promote a data driven culture within Odeko. Our data stack comprises a growing set of tools including Spark, Athena, Delta Lakes and more.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Build capabilities that help Odeko realize its vision of connected data.
- Build data pipelines, tools and processes that make data available, discoverable and consumable for various business units
- Prototype new ideas for data management and iterate fast towards solutions that scale.
- Interact with the stakeholders and users of your products such as Product, Design, Marketing and Operations etc.
- Guide and mentor junior team members for improving technical and non-technical skills
- You have development experience with one of the programming languages Python, Java, Scala, Ruby etc. Ideally 7+ years of experience.
- You have worked in a similar Data Engineering role working with relevant tools and techniques for building data pipelines, ELT, data quality etc.
- You have experience with database design, data lakes and SQL
- You have experience working with Spark, Airflow etc.
- You have experience working in an agile environment
- You’re a committed team player and love to collaborate across teams
- You have a track record of delivering high-quality software on time.
- If you don’t know something, you find the answer.
- Experience with AWS services for Data Lakes and analytics
Why you’ll love working at Odeko:
- Remote first work environment
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k Matching, pension package available
- Collaborative culture
Odeko is committed to building an inclusive, diverse team. We offer competitive benefits and the opportunity to truly grow. If this sounds good to you, we’d love to hear from you!
No third-parties please.