Who We Are:
Here at Odeko, we believe that humans achieve more when they control their own destiny. That’s why we’re creating best-in-class solutions that empower small businesses to realize their big dreams -- starting with our mobile ordering app and supply chain management service. With Odeko, coffee shops and cafés can increase their revenue, lower their expenses, and reduce their environmental footprint effortlessly.
We’re a passionate team of dreamers and builders, determined to liberate small businesses from the not-so-fun aspects of the job so that they can focus on what’s fun and important.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for someone to direct and manage the People needs of our operations teams as we expand our workforce and geographic foothold.
This leader will provide HR oversight to the individuals who make Odeko the force it is, our warehouse associates, delivery drivers, inventory managers, schedulers, supply chain mavericks, and logistics planners. This position is remote and requires frequent travel to multiple locations across the country. This person will report directly to our VP of People.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Maintain and operationalize all Odeko HR objectives including the employee handbook, state and national compliances, and policy implementation and adherence
- Responsible for oversight of the HR Operation's data, analytics, and systems to support responsive decision making and guide leaders in corrective action, development plans, employee terminations, etc
- Investigate highly sensitive HR and team member relation issues, including proposing remedial action based on investigation findings
- Coach and mentor at management/director level, including overseeing direct reports in multiple geographical locations.
- Create and driving effective development, employee relations, retention and reward programs
- Advise leaders regarding legal and regulatory compliance: FMLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO, & OSHA
Business and Operations
- Partner with Operations Senior Management to develop and execute the HR strategies that foster organizational and people effectiveness
- Assess business priorities and translate them into an HR agenda that supports the business as it grows rapidly by recommending new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements among operations populations
- Develop and execute project plans as well as the HR strategies and business objectives, including but not limited to: talent planning, leadership training & development, performance management, workforce planning, communication and diversity initiatives, etc., all of which help further the goals of the organization
What you’ll bring to Odeko:
- You are a creative, collaborative, results-oriented leader who is particularly adept at balancing multiple priorities and issues and being decisive
- The ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement at all levels of the organization
- Dedication to developing a strong, diverse, and collaborative organization.
- A strong work ethic, a passion for managing the details within a growing business, and the ability to build processes and standards from the ground up
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment and high-volume workload
- At least 8 years in a dedicated HR role, with at least 5 years of HR management experience and 1-2 years of experience in a warehouse, manufacturing, or distribution center environment
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results
- Experience interpreting and applying HR policies, procedures, programs and processes
- A strong solution focus and comfortability working in an environment which demands strong deliverables.
- Ability to identify problems and drive appropriate resolutions
- Strong interpersonal, oral, written communication, and data analysis skills
Why you’ll love it here:
- Collaborative, high growth work culture
- Competitive salary and equity options
- Comprehensive and affordable medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Insurance and FSA packages to cover the “what ifs” in life
- 401k matching program so you can invest in your future
- Flexible PTO and discretionary spending options for your team
- Home office equipment sent to your door
- Wearables and Shareables so you can rock Odeko swag whenever you want
Odeko is committed to building an inclusive, diverse team. We offer competitive benefits and the opportunity to truly grow. If this sounds good to you, we’d love to hear from you!
No third-parties please.