Odeko is a purpose-driven tech platform that provides mobile ordering and supply chain management tools for coffee shops, cafés, and bakeries. Founded in 2019, Odeko helps small businesses grow their revenue, lower supply costs, and reduce their overall waste. Odeko’s platform provides these businesses with the tools they need to grow, while focusing on their customers.
Our engineering team lives and breathes ownership and personal growth daily. As a member of our team, you will have the full support of leadership and your engineering teammates to grow and develop in a way that fits and drives you. We provide a safe and judgement free zone to learn. Over the years, we’ve watched our team members step into leadership roles, learn to use functional programming languages, and contribute to back-end services as a mobile engineer (and vice versa). We can’t wait to see what the future holds for our team.
What you’ll do:
Build tools that help Odeko realize its vision of connected data. This includes ETL processes that obtain data from various sources and web-based tools that allow internal teams to use and manage that data.
Prototype new ideas for data management and iterate fast towards solutions that scale.
Interact with the stakeholders and users of your products such as Product, Design, Marketing and Operations.
Serve as a technical resource and engineering mentor for other developers.
Our data stack comprises a growing set of tools including Kinesis, Spark, Athena, Delta Lakes and more, all in AWS, running on Kubernetes and Docker.
- You have experience building and supporting applications that manage data. The number of years is less important than the fact that you’ve lived the full application lifecycle multiple times, from idea to maturity, and have learned what works.
- You’re a committed team player and love to collaborate on solutions with others, both inside and outside of Engineering.
- You’re excited to build systems that make our data useable.
- You have a track record of delivering high-quality software on time.
- If you don’t know something, you find the answer.
Why you’ll love working at Odeko:
Here are some direct quotes from employees and future team members about why you’ll love working at Odeko:
- “Everyone's very fired up about the work/people we're helping.”
- “I love the team we’ve managed to assemble here.”
- “The collective willingness to help others learn & grow.”
- “The positive energy everybody has, and somehow we all still convey that through Slack.”
- “Our team is mission driven but still manages to keep the humor and fun going.”
- “Love feeling surrounded by such a unique and brainy bunch that’s helpful, involved, and uplifting even though we’re apart!”
- “Never being bored!”
Odeko is committed to building an inclusive, diverse team. We offer competitive benefits and the opportunity to truly grow. If this sounds good to you, we’d love to hear from you!
No third-parties please.