Odeko is a purpose-driven tech platform that provides mobile ordering and supply chain management tools for coffee shops, cafés, and bakeries. Founded in 2019, Odeko helps small businesses grow their revenue, lower supply costs, and reduce their overall waste. Odeko’s platform provides these businesses with the tools they need to grow, while focusing on their customers.
Warehouse Assistant Manager - Odeko
Odeko is a tech startup that partners with small and medium-sized businesses to help them thrive and become pillars of their communities! One of the ways Odeko does this is by completing overnight deliveries to hundreds of your favorite local coffee shops! We provide coffee shops with everything they could possibly need! From their coffee, tea, milk, pastries, donuts, syrups to their cups, gloves, cleaners!
If you're passionate about helping small businesses we’re currently hiring for Warehouse Assistant Managers to be part of the Odeko family! They help run the building and are the 2nd person in charge! You will be responsible for coordinating and leading the Picking, Packing, Routing, and Dispatching! Prior experience in warehouse leadership roles would be a big plus but a must have.
1) What are the job responsibilities for the Assistant Manager?
The Assistant Manager helps run the entire warehouse. This means you would own scheduling, allocating labor, training new hires, assisting and leading the actual picking, packing, and dispatching, coaching the warehouse staff, keeping the warehouse area clean and organized, and more!
2) What would I get Paid?
Starting pay would be $28 per hour, increasing to $29 after 6 months and $30 after 12 months!
3) What hours would I work and where are you located?
Given the Assistant Manager is an extremely important role it does require some flexibility. Most shifts will be from 1pm to 11pm; four days a week but this might change with time as we grow and evolve. Our building is in Astoria Queens, really close to the Long Island City Highschool.
We’re hiring for two key shifts:
1pm to 11pm Sunday – Wednesday
1pm to 11pm Wednesday – Saturday
4) Is this going to be easy?
Great question! We would not say that this role, nor any role at Odeko, is easy. Instead, we pride ourselves on working safe, working smart, and working hard!
What We're Looking For
- Independent problem solver who is passionate about customer service.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Say “I love Coffee” in your reply back to us so we know you read this!!
- The willingness to adapt in unpredictable situations
- Great work ethic, detail-oriented, perfectionist
- High School or equivalent diploma
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Able to lift packages (up to 50 lbs.) numerous times in a given shift.
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Work 40 hours/week and overtime as required
- Must pass a background check
- Education beyond High School, and/or prior experience managing employees
- Experience in Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, Continuous Improvement
- Experience Operating Forklifts and other powered industrial lifts.
- Strong leaders with over 5+ years of people leadership experience.
Odeko is committed to building an inclusive, diverse team. We offer competitive benefits and the opportunity to truly grow. If this sounds good to you, we’d love to hear from you!
US work authorization is required. No third-parties please.