Odeko is a purpose-driven tech platform that provides mobile ordering and supply chain management tools for coffee shops, cafés, and bakeries. Founded in 2019, Odeko helps small businesses grow their revenue, lower supply costs, and reduce their overall waste. Odeko’s platform provides these businesses with the tools they need to grow, while focusing on their customers.
Our engineering team lives and breathes ownership and personal growth daily. As a member of our team, you will have the full support of leadership and your engineering teammates to grow and develop in a way that fits and drives you. We provide a safe and judgement free zone to learn. Over the years, we’ve watched our team members step into leadership roles, learn to use functional programming languages, and contribute to back-end services as a mobile engineer (and vice versa). We can’t wait to see what the future holds for our team.
What you’ll do:
- Build, optimize and scale products and services for cafe owners, vendors and coffee drinkers. You will have a lot of autonomy in the implementation of these critical service areas.
- Interact with the stakeholders of our products such as Product, Design, Marketing and Operations.
- Prototype new ideas and iterate fast towards the best customer experience for cafes and users!
- Serve as a technical resource and engineering mentor for other developers.
- You have experience building and supporting mission-critical, mobile applications. The number of years is less important than the fact that you’ve lived the full product lifecycle multiple times, from idea to maturity, and have learned what works.
- You have full-stack development experience, ideally on top of Ruby on Rails, but we’re flexible.
- You’re a committed team player and love to collaborate on solutions with others, both inside and outside of Engineering.
- You’re excited to architect systems for improving scalability and maintainability across our codebase.
- You have a track record of delivering high-quality software on time.
- You have cross-platform skills (highly desirable to us at this time!)
- You have leadership experience, or potential
- If you don’t know something, you find the answer.
Why you’ll love working at Odeko:
Here are some direct quotes from employees and future team members about why you’ll love working at Odeko:
- “Everyone's very fired up about the work/people we're helping.”
- “I love the team we’ve managed to assemble here.”
- “The collective willingness to help others learn & grow.”
- “The positive energy everybody has, and somehow we all still convey that through Slack.”
- “Our team is mission driven but still manages to keep the humor and fun going.”
- “Love feeling surrounded by such a unique and brainy bunch that’s helpful, involved, and uplifting even though we’re apart!”
- “Never being bored!”
We are open to remote candidates, but only within the United States and Belfast, NI.
Odeko is committed to building an inclusive, diverse team. We offer competitive benefits and the opportunity to truly grow. If this sounds good to you, we’d love to hear from you!
No third-parties please.