Who We Are:
Here at Odeko, we believe that humans achieve more when they control their own destiny. That’s why we’re creating best-in-class solutions that empower small businesses to realize their big dreams -- starting with our mobile ordering app and supply chain management service. With Odeko, coffee shops and cafés can increase their revenue, lower their expenses, and reduce their environmental footprint effortlessly.
We’re a passionate team of dreamers and builders, determined to liberate small businesses from the not-so-fun aspects of the job so that they can focus on what’s fun and important.
What we’re looking for:
At Odeko, the DevOps team is responsible for two main areas: firstly to accelerate software delivery and boost engineering productivity through building tools to automate delivery pipelines and secondly for designing and operating the infrastructure backbone which underpins Odeko’s platform, applications and services. By delivering a highly available, scalable and secure infrastructure, we support Odeko in its missions to deliver innovative technology solutions for independent businesses.
We are looking for Senior DevOps engineers who are passionate about engineering productivity, automation and building highly available and secure infrastructure systems. If you are a DevOps practitioner and love working collaboratively with engineering teams to solve complex infrastructure problems, come join us. If you want to work with modern infrastructure tools, technologies and techniques, we are leveraging AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, GitOps etc to build our infrastructure.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Build automation tools and techniques to accelerate software delivery pipelines and boost engineering productivity
- Design and operate AWS/Kubernetes based secure and highly available infrastructure to power Odeko’s platform
- Strive to increase the observability and monitoring of all aspects of Odeko's environment
- Serve as a technical guide to the rest of Odeko on cloud infrastructure, security, and DevOps principles
- Mentor junior team members and lead by example
- 4+ years production-level experience operating high demand, mission-critical production cloud environments.
- 2+ years experience with modern software delivery methods like CI/CD, GitOps, etc.
- Desire to work in AWS environments with best practices for designing cloud landscapes using Well Architected Framework
- Expertise with Kubernetes, from cluster administration to application lifecycle management using Helm
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code tooling for automation
- Desire to manage monitoring and analytical tools such as ELK, CloudWatch, and Sensu.
- Motivation to improve the product and codebase beyond what’s expected.
- Appreciation for ambiguity: If you don’t know something, you find the answer.
- Disaster Recovery Architecture experience.
- Mentorship experience in a startup environment.
Why you’ll love working at Odeko:
- Remote first work environment
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k Matching available
- Collaborative culture
Odeko is committed to building an inclusive, diverse team. We offer competitive benefits and the opportunity to truly grow. If this sounds good to you, we’d love to hear from you!
No third-parties please.