Oddball believes that the best products are built when teams understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning, growth, and the ability to make a big impact from a small company. We believe in the importance of supporting our federal clients – from design to deployment – with scalable software solutions that are purpose-built for the mission, the citizens they serve, and the workforces they enable.
We are hiring a UX Designer to work on a pivotal Federal program that is making a positive impact on millions of Americans' daily lives.
What you'll be doing:
Working closely with our engineering and product teams, this person will be responsible for all UX, design, and research on one of our core teams. This role will be the go-to person overseeing the entire process, from conception to implementation. A healthy mix of design, research, and high-level thinking is needed for this role.
We are looking for someone with the following skillset:
- A demonstrated facility with creating and using prototypes, wireframes, user interviews, data points, etc. to arrive at a solution and convey the vision and design of the product.
- Extensive experience with UX research: Writing research plans, conversation guides, conducting user and client interviews, client meetings and demos, problem-solving, and iterating solutions based on research findings and feedback loops.
- Ability to think strategically and frame problems in clear approachable language and writing, directed at both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience working with Git Version Control.
- An understanding of and ability to design 508 compliant solutions.
- Adaptability when working with, and in, existing design and UX systems.
- A phased and adaptable approaches to problems.
- A consultant mindset that keeps the needs of the client and users at the forefront of all decisions.
- Experience working in Agile development environments.
- Capable of taking direction from senior leadership and translating into concrete next steps and actions.
We need to see a portfolio that showcases a phased, iterative human-centered UX design approach and concise writing samples. We don’t just want to see the end product, we want to know your process, what you learned, how you got there, and how your solution solved the users’ pain points.
This is a salaried role. Oddball provides a monthly continuing education stipend and a tech stipend.
Must be located within the US
Ability to obtain low-level federal clearance is required
Oddball is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact an Oddball HR representative to request such an accommodation.