Octane® is revolutionizing recreational purchases by delivering a seamless, end-to-end digital buying experience. We connect people with their passions by combining cutting-edge technology and innovative risk strategies to make lifestyle purchases - like powersports vehicles, RVs, and OPE - fast, easy, and accessible.
Octane adds value throughout the customer journey: inspiring enthusiasts with our editorial brands, including Cycle World® and UTV Driver®, instantly prequalifying consumers for financing online, routing customers to dealerships for an easy closing, and supporting customers throughout their loan with superior loan servicing.
Founded in 2014, we’re a remote-first company with 550+ employees and over 30 OEM and 4,000 dealer partners.
We are currently looking for an Asset Recovery Analyst II to join Octane’s Servicing Center in Irving, Texas. This is a tremendous opportunity to partner with us to build and scale a best-in-class servicing organization for our growing portfolio of Powersports loans.
The Asset Recovery Analyst II will be responsible for the servicing of post default and special situation accounts with emphasis on the technical side of these processes.
The analyst will be expected to manage end-to-end business processes which may include some data mining (import/export), communications with customers, attorneys, insurance companies, and/or various other third parties. The analyst will ensure robust processes are in place with regular reviews to determine each process is consistent, effective, efficient, and best-in-class. The analyst should demonstrate confident leadership and sound judgment while assuring all tasks are carried out with a high degree of professionalism.
Specifically, you will:
- Prepare and send NOI (Notice of Intent to Sell) letters on repossessed units, following documented processes.
- Complete daily charge-off of account(s) at 120 days past due according to documented process.
- Create Excel files for export to assign account(s) to appropriate repossession, legal, or debt collection vendor(s).
- Gather Legal/Replevin documents and ready files for assignment to attorney.
- Manage the payment processing of approved vendor invoices.
- Import payment files received from vendors to the system of record.
- Manage through Excel (import/export) the movement of accounts through the various stages of recovery, following decision strategy tree.
- Assist with the onboarding of outside vendors.
- Research data issues that arise during the application of recovery strategies.
- Pull data from and or import data into the system of record.
- Cross train on other processes including but not limited to Insurance, deceased/estate claims, SCRA, bankruptcy, and after market cancellations. Emphasis on collaborating to scale and achieve process improvements.
- Complies with all federal and state specific laws that regulate collections and servicing activities.
- HS Diploma or GED required (business or technical college degree a plus) followed by five years of experience, during which you have spent some time working in the auto finance industry. Bankruptcy post default and special situation(s) experience a plus.
- Strong Excel skills, capable of populating vendor templates by compiling critical data points from system of record and successfully transmitting the data on to varying vendor platforms with 100% accuracy and systematically updating system of record.
- Able to communicate effectively as liaison between business and vendor IT personnel to determine root cause if transmission tasks fail or updates to outside vendor’s platforms are needed.
- Ability to solve problems with effective solutions and limited supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and consistently complete daily tasks.
- Able to work a flexible schedule which may include overtime, as needed.
- Proficient using MS Office Suite and Google, emphasis on Excel.
- Basic SQL experience a plus.
- Detail oriented, ability to multitask, and aptitude for learning.
- Healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, and Vision) for you and your dependents
- Paid Holidays and Vacation: 20 days PTO plus paid company holidays
- Retirement Plan (401K with non-elective company contribution AND match)
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- Life and Accidental Death insurance
- Robust Ancillary benefits including accident insurance, hospital insurance, etc
- Getting in on the ground floor, opportunity for professional growth, career progression
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.