Octane is a Fintech company whose mission is to connect people with their passions. The transaction process for large purchases such as powersports, RVs, boats, and home improvements is slow and frustrating, but Octane is changing that through automated underwriting, innovative credit products, and financing through our in-house lender Roadrunner Financial. Octane reaches millions of enthusiasts through editorial brands like Cycle World and Cycle Volta and helps consumers buy their favorite products with instant, frictionless financing on Octane.co. Octane is revolutionizing lending in under-served verticals that account for tens of billions of dollars in annual transactions.
Octane is gaining traction quickly with customers, as evidenced by growth in originations through our platform of more than 2X year-over-year. Octane works with more than 3,500 merchants in the USA and offers promotional financing with low rates for 40 OEM brands. Because we’re the platform and the lender, we have both high growth and positive unit economics - rare for a fintech. We have raised more than $139M in venture capital from leading investors such as IA Ventures, Valar Ventures, and Contour Venture Partners, and our lending securities are rated AA by S&P.
We are searching for a Credit Analyst/Buyer who can take the handoff from our sales team to work directly with newly enrolled and lower engaged dealers, providing them assistance in understanding our underwriting guidelines while guiding them through navigating our dealer contracting platform. You will work closely with our sales team to help foster already established relationships while providing exceptional customer service.
- Accurately review and verify applicant’s personal information and financial records for the loan in an efficient and timely manner, while adhering to company policies and underwriting guidelines.
- Evaluate loan applications information against various lending standards and closely inspect the application documentation for suspicious or fraudulent activity.
- Actively seek to engage and build rapport with newly enrolled and lower engaged dealer partners via inbound and outbound phone calls, texts, chats and emails, with the objective of increasing their monthly funded loan count toward a specific target.
- Be an expert in our various loan programs, platform functionality, and our proprietary decisioning model to provide our dealer partners with thorough explanations of decline reasons along with advance caps for approvals (i.e., DTI, PTI, LTV).
- Confidently explain our regression model as it pertains to loan decisioning and loan terms with the mindset of providing our dealer partners with a path forward for their customer.
- Provide continued on-boarding support for newly enrolled dealers by being able to comfortably walk them through using our platform and structuring their loan contracts.
- Minimum high school diploma/GED required.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in Loan Underwriting or Loan Processing, preferably in the auto or powersports industry. Must have a thorough understanding of debt-to-income, payment-to-income, and loan-to-value ratios.
- Experience working in automotive or powersports dealerships is a plus.
- Must be highly knowledgeable on different income sources for consumers along with a clear understanding of reading supporting documentation (paystubs, 1099, W2, 1040, bank statements).
- Excellent telephone, communication (oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills a must.
- Goal oriented with an energetic, enthusiastic, and positive attitude.
- Self motivated with a strong ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Able to work well under pressure to meet monthly goals while passing quality assurance audits.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks using multiple tools at any given time such as Salesforce, Slack, G-mail, Google Sheets, and our proprietary LOS.
- Robust Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Generous PTO Policy
- Generous Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan (401k) with Company contribution
- Educational Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement up to $3K/year
- Powersports Safety Benefit: reimbursement of up to $500/year for the purchase of any powersports safety equipment
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term / Long Term Disability & Life insurance
- Team Activities (remotely)
- Monthly company gift
Octane Lending is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.